Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue October

Options
  • 26-09-2008 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

I've been listening to blue october for a few years now, I have all their albums, its only been the last few days that i started to wonder was there much other blue october fans out there in Ireland.

So well is there??

if you don't kow who they are just google them, have a listen and tell me what you think, oh its the american blue october (they are from texas) not the british crowd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cheeeesecake

I LOVE Blue October :D The are in my top 2 fave bands. I absolutely love Justin's voice and lyrics.

I don't know anyone else who likes them either, so it's nice to know there's someone else out there who digs them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

i had actually forgotten about this post

But its always good to find blue october fans aswell!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

I actually LOVE Blue October
    They're so good
    Yeah you're right though, I think I only know two other people who like them
    and it's because I got them listening to them [:

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Only have the foiled album, have listened to it a lot. Must try and get some more of their stuff.:)

If you can read this, you're too close!

i think their best albums has to be a live "Argue With A Tree", its just amazing to listen to. I also really like their first album "The Answers"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

A bit late replying to this thread,i think there is quite a few of us in Ireland (more than 10 anyway).i've been listening to them for about 7 years now,went to see them live in london last month and they are just as good.Just paid for my tickets to see them again in London,they are touring Europe in sept-oct,but not Ireland:mad:

cool man i had tickets for london too but then i realised that i was gonna be in cuba when it was on. didn't know about the oct/sept tour, nice one for that. defo gonna see them this time round!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Quite like Blue October. Not a huge fan by all means just like the odd few songs.

18th Floor Balcony (Live one is terrific), Calling You, Fairy Tale, Into the Ocean, 2 A.M Lovesick & X Amount of words are all good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dublinproud

Only discovered this band very recently.Justin's voice is awesome and "Hate Me" is one of the best i heard in years,very powerful stuff.

Only discovered this band very recently.Justin's voice is awesome and "Hate Me" is one of the best i heard in years,very powerful stuff.

"hate me" is one of my favourites also, try listening to "come in closer" or "HRSA" both brilliant i thinks. also "black orchid" is good stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 downz

hi people big get together in the porterhouse temple bar this tuesday 14th of october @ 8pm for a live tribute band to blue october free in so please come for support...thanks

downz wrote: »
    hi people big get together in the porterhouse temple bar this tuesday 14th of october @ 8pm for a live tribute band to blue october free in so please come for support...thanks

Tuesday the 14th? I just went there tonight before I realized that tonight, Tuesday is the 12th and Thursday is the 14th. the lad behind the bar said that a regular singer is on tonight and that some band is on Thursday night.

Whats the story I'd love a Blue October tribute, is it on Thursday or is all this just a load of bull****?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 JaySS

Yo let us know if there, if you know of another Blue october night, been a massive fan since 2004, love them, just wish they'd come to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Cloee

I LOVE Blue October, one of my fave bands too :)
    nobody I know has a clue who they are, but I like it that way :) they're my lil secret ;)

would love them to come to Ireland.... Justin's voice. No matter what he sing the raw emotion is just phenomenal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

I know this is an old thread but anyone planning on going to any of their uk dates this year?

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but anyone planning on going to any of their uk dates this year?

I was only looking at the dates over the weekend, seriously thinking about it.... Must look at the finances to see if its possible!!

I had tickets to one if their gigs in England back when they released Approaching Normal album but couldn't make it in the end, was gutted!!!

Are you thinking about it?

Ah that sucks! Yeah I am, I went to their london gig for any man in america..went on my own tho, the gig was great but the being in london on my own part wasnt! Looked at flights and stuff and Dublin to gatwick was only about 60 quid..but that was a week ago! Plus accomodation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Are they not coming to Ireland? Surely they'll get a nice amount at one of the smaller venues?

Are they not coming to Ireland? Surely they'll get a nice amount at one of the smaller venues?

Nope..London..Manchester and I think..Birmingham..thats as close as they get unforfunately! Unless they announce it nearer the time but I doubt it

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Nope..London..Manchester and I think..Birmingham..thats as close as they get unforfunately! Unless they announce it nearer the time but I doubt it

Much check which city is the cheapest to go to from cork..... Anyone hear there new track released today "Bleed Me"??? It's good

• Advertisement

EvilWonka wrote: »
    Much check which city is the cheapest to go to from cork..... Anyone hear there new track released today "Bleed Me"??? It's good

Ah didnt check cork! And yeah I heard a stream of it the other day, im liking it too

so I decided yesterday that I'm gonna go to the london gig, said feck it why not, alone or not i wanna see em again

Advertisement