Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

animale rescue volunteering

Options
  • 26-09-2008 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

hello,
    I want to volunteer in an animal rescue centre or charity because i want to work with animals in the future. i live in clontarf, i googled it but i didnt find any. i tried the dublin society for preventation for creulty to animals but you need you own transport. iwould be grateful if anyone has any information about volunteering. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

Hi,

I volunteer at the DSPCA a couple of times a month,

Getting to the shelter is much easier by car but it is doable by public transport.

You need to get a 74A from the city centre (Pearse Street) going to Stocking Avenue. Get off at Stocking Avenue (2nd last stop) and it´s a twenty minute walk up stocking lane and on to mount Venus Avenue to the shelter.

PM me if you need more details. The DSPCA site has a decent enough map to show you the way but the shelter is clearly signposted from Stocking Lane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 aislingm137

thank you thats is very helpful. hopefully they will need volunteers. im just wondering if its safe enought to walk when its dark, like is it a lit up road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭padimus

to be honest there are lights but it´s a country road and it can be quite busy.

I´m usually up there on weekend afternoons and since the shelter is closed by 5 it´s usually still light by the time you would be leaving.

Email Lori.davis@dspca.ie

They run volunteer info days every so often and she´ll be able to tell you when the next one is.

They´re happy to get any help, especially on the days the centre is open to the public as there can be literally hundreds of people up there on a busy sunday (like last week for instance)

Advertisement