Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where'd they go?

• 26-09-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭

Couldn't really figure out which forum to fit this thread into. Suppose it'll be okay here. (though you screamers wont like it ;))

Anybody know where Evanescence are gone? Weren't they supposed to be making a comeback with that song 'call me when you're sober'? They disappeared again after that!?! What's going on? :confused:

I admit, I quite like some of their songs.. :o:D :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Suppose it'll be okay here.

Absolutely fine here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Absolutely fine here.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

They could be just writting a new album, check their website http://www.evanescence.com/ if you want to know whats going on.

That site doesn't give much information. I find there are a few sites giving conflicting info in fact! Was just posting here to see, in general, if people had any idea what was actually happening! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

As I recall the drummer and one (or maybe even both) of the guitarists quit while on tour for the Open Door album. That tour finished sometime last year and so I assume Amy Lee is writing new material after taking a few months off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭DenMan

Officially they are on listed as being on hiatus right now (in fact since Sept 2007) They toured for The Open Door.

New recordings for Nightmare Revisited (A Nightmare Before Christmas) has Amy performing on the soundtrack with "Sally's song". Sounds terrific.

http://evanescence.com/news.asp

Was at a gig in Manchester a few weeks ago and happened to meet some sound recordists from Wind-up records at the gig (Evanescence's label) and they said the band was on a "well deserved break". Thats all they said. Amazing that Amy is the only original member of the band still with them, Ben left in 2003.

Lets hope we hear from them in the near future.

malice_ wrote: »
    As I recall the drummer and one (or maybe even both) of the guitarists quit while on tour for the Open Door album.
    DenMan wrote: »
    Amazing that Amy is the only original member of the band still with them, Ben left in 2003.

I actually didn't know this! :eek: Thanks for that lads..

I think Amy Lee is great, I really like her! I didn't realise there was so much trouble behind the scenes..?! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Maybe she's reflecting and repenting for destroying Seether's "Broken".
    Sorry, couldn't resist, but i was always a fan of the original version of that song, her addition to it didn't do much for me. Nothing personal against her, the string arrangement didn't do anything for me either. ;)

VR!

Maybe she's reflecting and repenting for destroying Seether's "Broken".
    Sorry, couldn't resist, but i was always a fan of the original version of that song, her addition to it didn't do much for me. Nothing personal against her, the string arrangement didn't do anything for me either. ;)

VR!

I agree, much preferred the original.

The collaboration was disastrous! She's fantastic doing her own thing though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I heard that she kicked them out :confused:

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    I heard that she kicked them out :confused:

Really? :eek: I didn't hear anything at all. I didn't even know the other band members had left!

Really? :eek: I didn't hear anything at all. I didn't even know the other band members had left!

Direct quote LeCompt said: "I'm done and I'm pretty upset about it.(Singer) Amy (Lee) called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band."

A posting on his blog he wrote: "Around 3:30 pm yesterday I recieved a call on my cell from Amy. This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family. Without any warning or negotiotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason. We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does?

Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life. It's funny how many of us there are now. I guess it's good for lyrical content, though. Maybe I will be among the blessed to have a song written about me, too. Maybe the song will be 'Call Me When You're Broke'."

Stev_o wrote: »
    Direct quote LeCompt said: "I'm done and I'm pretty upset about it.(Singer) Amy (Lee) called and fired me today. There's absolutely no loyalty in this band."

A posting on his blog he wrote: "Around 3:30 pm yesterday I recieved a call on my cell from Amy. This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family. Without any warning or negotiotiations for my future, I was fired for no good reason. We have not always seen eye to eye on everything, but who does?

Our common goal was always the same. To make Evanescence the best rock band it could ever be. I have always given blood, sweat and tears to make that happen but apparently that is not enough. I have now become just another of the people fallen by the wayside on the revolving door of her life. It's funny how many of us there are now. I guess it's good for lyrical content, though. Maybe I will be among the blessed to have a song written about me, too. Maybe the song will be 'Call Me When You're Broke'."

Ouch! He sounds like a whiney lil fecker! :eek: Wonder how true it is?

Sounds like their were major problems going on within the band itself. But he could be true i remember reading a article on UG where the Good Charlotte drummer was fired and wasnt paid for over 2 years for touring and album sales so its a nasty world out there in world of popular music.

I was thinking the opposite, if that's the case, she sounds like a total bitch incapable of the ability to get along with others. Especially if the band have been a revolving door of musicians over the course of the last few years.

VR!

I was thinking the opposite, if that's the case, she sounds like a total bitch incapable of the ability to get along with others. Especially if the band have been a revolving door of musicians over the course of the last few years.

VR!

If it is true, then yeah, her behaviour is unacceptable.

Having said that - ''This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family'' - this sounds like media driven krap! Sounds like the trailer of a Hollywood Thriller tbh.

If it is true, then yeah, her behaviour is unacceptable.

Having said that - ''This call wasn't from a friend who appreciated me but from an enemy who was prepared to hurt me and my family'' - this sounds like media driven krap! Sounds like the trailer of a Hollywood Thriller tbh.

Yeah, the second part of quoted statement sounds a bit OTT alright.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The lead singer of Seether was none too pleased when she wrote the song "call me when you're sober" about him, and less pleased when she promoted the song's release by spilling as much dirt as she could on their relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Anybody know where Evanescence are gone?

Ah they were only ever a poor Lacuna Coil copy. (not that I particularly liked either. L7 were my preferred all grrrrl band of recent years, and Girlschool before that.

L7 - there's a name out of the history books. Another band ruined by going commercial. Bricks Are Heavy was a bloody terrible album by comparison to Smell The Magic. Combined with the fact that Donita Sparks was a psychobiatch who couldn't get along with anyone. How they lasted as long as they did actually surprised me, with hindsight being 20/20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Agreed with the Lacuna Coil rip off and L7 were the best girl band ever, tho I think Hungry for Stink was their best album.

Donita Sparks new bands cd is great, very L7 sounding, one of my faves of the year anyway!

Nea wrote: »
    Agreed with the Lacuna Coil rip off

Sure, because Lacuna Coil weren't an All About Eve ripoff only with heavier distortion. ;)

Welcome to nineties music onwards, where there's no such thing as originality ;)

Hahahaha predictability = 10 points!

I just knew Lacuna Coil would be mentioned here... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Hahahaha predictability = 10 points!

I just knew Lacuna Coil would be mentioned here... :D
    :)
    Agreed. I don't think Evanescence sound similar to Lacuna Coil at all. I think they sound closer to Linkin Park, or many other nu-metal bands who came out around the same time. Lacuna Coil are more 'gothic' in my opinion.

Seems like whenever a woman fronts a band she's compared to every other band with a female singer, even if they sound nothing alike. ;)

Acacia wrote: »
    Seems like whenever a woman fronts a band she's compared to every other band with a female singer, even if they sound nothing alike. ;)

Yup. *awaits Nightwish comparisons*

:pac:

Yup. *awaits Nightwish comparisons*

:pac:

LOL. Well, L7 has already been mentioned and they're about as far away from Evanescence as you can get. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

She has a nice voice,saw her on the korn unplugged,and she saw well with davis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

LOL. Well, L7 has already been mentioned and they're about as far away from Evanescence as you can get. :D

Damn Right
    I think Donita could put a few manners on Amy Lee also!

Nea wrote: »
    Damn Right
    I think Donita could put a few manners on Amy Lee also!

I could be wrong but didn't Donita Sparks throw a used tampon into the crowd during a gig at some festival once? So I don't know about her putting manners on anyone else! :D;)

• Advertisement

I could be wrong but didn't Donita Sparks throw a used tampon into the crowd during a gig at some festival once? So I don't know about her putting manners on anyone else! :D;)

Yep, At Reading 92 when someone in the crowd threw mud at her, she flung her used tampon back. I also remember reading a story in Metal Hammer that she urinated on a record company executive's desk.

Advertisement