Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

citreon c4

Options
  • 26-09-2008 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭

hey i was in france there and had a a c4 for the last week, nice car, nice to drive etc but that was just for a week,

anyhow the missus liked it alot and is thinking of upgrading to one.

2 questions.

1. for anyone who had one over time how do you find the car?

2. ive been looking at used ones here and dont see any 08 models , the older one in my opinion is not as nice as the model i had, is the new one out here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

A friend of mine bought one for his mother and she liked it so much they got another one for his sister. Lovely comfortable car to travel it. High spec compared to German equivalents and hasn't given the slighest trouble since they got it

As for the new model... I can't answer that question sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

we got one of the new models last year, the c4 picasso grand 7 seater
    its my wifes car and she loves it, i find it a great car and enjoy to driving it
    will deff be getting a new one when finished with this one

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭leon8v

If you are talking about the C4 car and not the C4 picasso, the facelift model is only arriving here now and there arent currently any on the roads in Ireland yet. This is the car in the new Citroen ad where the robot is back and is dancing in New York. They would probably be released in France alright at this stage so thats probably why you were driving one. They will be in dealers shortly and you can order a brand new one now if you so desire, it would be a while before they are available used I would think.
    I had a 2.0 VTS C4 for a year and it was a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

leon8v wrote: »
    the facelift model is only arriving here now

The facelift, which is marginally different to the current model will not be available here until 2009. It is on sale in the UK.

@OP - ring around a few dealers - I'm sure there are a few demos for sale. If you want a high spec one then look at the Style Plus. 1.6HDI is in two variants - one is €100 tax and the other is €150 - it depends on when the engine was manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭patrickc

leon8v wrote: »
    If you are talking about the C4 car and not the C4 picasso, the facelift model is only arriving here now and there arent currently any on the roads in Ireland yet. This is the car in the new Citroen ad where the robot is back and is dancing in New York. They would probably be released in France alright at this stage so thats probably why you were driving one. They will be in dealers shortly and you can order a brand new one now if you so desire, it would be a while before they are available used I would think.
    I had a 2.0 VTS C4 for a year and it was a great car.

it was the c4 car and not the picassso I was on about. think the one i had was a 108hdi , great poke in have to say
    crosstownk wrote: »
    The facelift, which is marginally different to the current model will not be available here until 2009. It is on sale in the UK.

@OP - ring around a few dealers - I'm sure there are a few demos for sale. If you want a high spec one then look at the Style Plus. 1.6HDI is in two variants - one is €100 tax and the other is €150 - it depends on when the engine was manufactured.

thanks crosstown, will give it a shot, although might be a bit out of her budget too. but worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Keep a look out over the next few weeks - there should be a few ex hire drives returning to dealerships.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Had the C4 for 3 years and 87000kms later I've had no real problems. I've the 1.6Hdi which has a good kick and great fuel economy.

Advertisement