Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone @ Home Laptop Offer?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 8:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all,

I've just moved house and am looking for a new broadband service provider - had eircom before, it was all right - but I just see on Vodafone's site that they're offering two DSL packages, and also a laptop if you order online.
    It looks like a pretty good deal (€449 for a Dell Latitude, with MS Office 07 and a printer/scanner) - but has anyone else bought one yet, and are they any good???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jen963

A friend of mine bought one a while back. Great little thing! I would highly recommend! €449 with a printer and MS office? I might just get one myself! I hear Vodafones broadband is very reliable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

jen963 wrote: »
    A friend of mine bought one a while back. Great little thing! I would highly recommend! €449 with a printer and MS office? I might just get one myself! I hear Vodafones broadband is very reliable too.

Shill? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beer iguana

Very informative there, MunsterCycling, well done :rolleyes:

Actually I'm already a Vodafone customer (with mobile) so I get the first six months at €29 for the up to 3mb package - my line prequalifies ok so I'm going to go with that - and buy a laptop while I'm at it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Very informative there, MunsterCycling, well done :rolleyes:

Actually I'm already a Vodafone customer (with mobile) so I get the first six months at €29 for the up to 3mb package - my line prequalifies ok so I'm going to go with that - and buy a laptop while I'm at it! :D

Nice post count... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Will they be paid extra?? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

Not much off the list price of buying it from Dell - I reckon that the laptop deal would be a bad basis for selecting a bb provider

- that said they are about the only one that offers convergence on the mobile side - If you a heavy mobile, landline and broadband user - then their offer looks pretty attractive.
    If you are not a heavy mobile user - then you'll get cheaper bb from another reseller and get a laptop for roughly the same price - if not cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beer iguana

Well it's €449 including the laptop and MS Office 2007 (and a printer / scanner thingy) - I thought the latter would be easily worth a couple of hundred euro alone?

Whilst there are a few laptop deals out there at the €400-odd mark, I don't see any of them offering MS Office.

Plus I get the first six months of broadband + line rental + a bundle of free calls for €29 - I don't see any similar offers out there at the mo.

I'm sure MC has a comment on that, though.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ARory32

Anyone one the spec of the laptop, how much memory, has it vista etc...

Advertisement