Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving manhole/drains

Options
  • 26-09-2008 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi i recently moved in old terraced house. there was a kitchen extension built onto the back of the house. it was built on with out re-routing the drains and filling in man holes. (there are two man-holes in my kitchen). i want to get them out of there asap. my bil says not a big job. my first question is who do i get Plumber or drain contractor. secondly how much do you think it will cost.
    any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

You need an experienced Groundswork Contractor. Perferabably with a small mini-digger, if access is difficult.

If you can't get a mini-digger then it shovel and pick time!

How deep are you existing manholes / Access Junctions?
    Your new ones will be the same depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

I have to agree 100% with RKQ, person has to be experienced and i would think on the expensive side as to move from inside to out and if no space for a mini digger then a sholvel and pick job to dig them out. Will take a couple of days I would think although would have to be dug out then manhole(s) built and then services attached and ground made good as in replacment of floor and path or lawn outside. All the best.

Regards
    Builditwell

• Registered Users Posts: 25 naomhbooboo

thanks for your replies. defo no access for mini digger. so shovel a pic time.

Advertisement