Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is it a scam?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi everybody, a little bit of helf needed. Friend of mine is wants to buy an Irish Reg car in UK(Liverpool) and I have a feeling that it might be a scam:
    1. Its 2004 A3 for 5000 euro(irish reg)
    2. Loads of sad personal stories have been said about dead brother, that the woman moved to USA and she has to come back to sell the car if they wanna buy it and its gonna be her second flight cos first buyer didnt come.
    3.She has the sister in UK...why fly from the states?
    4.She sent him a copy of a reg book as well her flight booking itenerary and would like to see his as a guaranty that he's coming over.
    5.Then there was something about the banks and checks but no money in advance mentioned. The whole sale thing will be on sunday cos he wants to go to UK saturday night...any banks open on sundays?.

So thats the story, somehow it just sounds to me like a lot of crap. Any ideas??? Have anybody heard about a scam that sounds similar or is it just my imagination and paranoia kicking in???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Yes, it is DEFINITELY a scam. See this thread.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 68,932 ✭✭✭✭L1011

"if it sounds like a scam its a scam". The money is too low for that car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Get your friend to report it. Maybe it'll save some poor sap from getting caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Of course it's a scam. Why would anyone sell that car for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

scam ...done to death ...see other thread ....closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement