Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 Full metal! found some more good news.,:D

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Full stock version = Win

My next purchase is sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Need to be downgraded though, shooting at almost 400fps.....not a fan of the grip though prefer the traditional mp5 look. Superb for the price though. A hefty 3.5kg!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have the g&g version of that (which it is based on) and it really good...with one problem...getting the batteries to fit is a bitch....i suspect this may have that issue...(folding stock version obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Finally.

We've had enough variants of variants of armalites in full metal cloned, its about bloody time the mp5 got the metal treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

My next purchase will be the one with the folding stock, it looks good. I swear I will have to talk to my bank to increase my credit limit, all because of airsoft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

UMP style stocks...looking at them functionally they are really just UMPs with smaller mags:p

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey1666

UMP style stocks...looking at them functionally they are really just UMPs with smaller mags:p

I love my ump :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

except the MP5 has been around since time began, and the newbie UMP is the love child of it.,:)
    So your UMP is just an MP5 with lipstick on.,:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Does that stock assembly come off? As in, to have the MP5 without stock?

Id prefer it with the retractable stock like the JG myself, so im holding me spare stock here until i get one., :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I think you'll find the UMP uses an MP5 style stock, unless there's been some sort if dynamic time/space shift caused by CERN. Besides, MP5's are better on just about every aspect. More comfortable to hold, easier to use, readily available mags, compatible midcaps and there are easily available pouches for MP5 mags. Actually one of the biggest advantages the MP5 has over the UMP is the mags. I never bought the UMP because of mag concerns. Might get one of these and replace the body on my JG MP5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

NakedDex wrote: »
    I think you'll find the UMP uses an MP5 style stock, unless there's been some sort if dynamic time/space shift caused by CERN. Besides, MP5's are better on just about every aspect. More comfortable to hold, easier to use, readily available mags, compatible midcaps and there are easily available pouches for MP5 mags. Actually one of the biggest advantages the MP5 has over the UMP is the mags. I never bought the UMP because of mag concerns. Might get one of these and replace the body on my JG MP5.

It could happen, you know, the space/time shift. And that MP5 will be just the ticket if space/time goes mental and I have to track Lethal down before the world ends!

NakedDex wrote: »

Roight, got it the wrong way around.

For me I dont mind the lack of mids, and maybe its my lanky arms but I find UMPs FAR more comfortable to weild.

I know the UMP has one huge advantage though, its easy to insert the battery(regarding folding MP5) and you can use a 9.6 too :)

In any case, its really each to their own.

the folding MP5 takes the battery in the front end and its easy to install., you can also get a 9.6 in there with a bit of a sqeeeze., the UMP has to have the battery door removed to take the bigger battery though.,

vtec wrote: »
    the folding MP5 takes the battery in the front end and its easy to install., you can also get a 9.6 in there with a bit of a sqeeeze., the UMP has to have the battery door removed to take the bigger battery though.,

Yeah, even karl could remove it, its not exactly hard, or permanent.

Advertisement