Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin, Sept 27th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I won't make the early start, but hoping to head out to Glencree myself in the middle of the day, maybe cut across to Enniskerry from there. I'll call/text ye to see if we're on the same patch at some stage.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    @ El Tonto - I would imagine that it is not compulsory for membership to turn up at the first Orwell spin? I will be able to make it for Sunday the 12th.

I'm sure that's fine. I think it was into the new year last year when they stopped accepting new people.
    slap/dash wrote: »
    id be into this but im way out of shape

If you're not in, you can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I'll be there at any time you say... where is it! :D

That I'm afraid is on a need to know basis! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

72hundred wrote: »

And I think it's clear that I need to know! :)

72hundred wrote: »

We're waiting....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Haha... keep waiting! I'll let you know tomorrow morn!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

blorg wrote: »
    I won't be able to do the overnight thing this weekend but I could any weekend from October 11 if people are feeling hardy heading into the winter.

I'm on for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Trojan wrote: »
    I'm on for that.
    Cool, I try to cycle all-year round myself, no reason not to keep it up over the autumn (I almost said winter :D)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

I'll be out for my second Boards spin :eek:
    First ride since late August............feeling tired already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'm out. have a good one peeps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Good spin,great weather,the usual suspects.Very happy to be back on my bike!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

emty wrote: »
    Good spin,great weather,the usual suspects.Very happy to be back on my bike!!

Good to see you back in action and a very nice new bike it is too. I take it you were all home by 3 o'clock like Blorg said you'd be?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

el tonto wrote: »
    Good to see you back in action and a very nice new bike it is too. I take it you were all home by 3 o'clock like Blorg said you'd be?

no the fact that we had to negotiate a river with a collapsed bridge slowed us down so we only made it back by six...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Blorg lies.
    Emty lies too.
    :(

barrabus wrote: »
    no the fact that we had to negotiate a river with a collapsed bridge slowed us down so we only made it back by six...:)

Was this practice for Blorg's new cyclocross career?

EDIT: Just got a text from P who said the photos had to be seen to be believed. Who's got them?

Was this practice for Blorg's new cyclocross career?

EDIT: Just got a text from P who said the photos had to be seen to be believed. Who's got them?

Blorg has 'em. The road part of the bridge had collapsed so all that was left was a wall, far too uneven to walk over in shoes with cleats, so i scrambled over bike on my shoulder, shoes in my hand with thorns and stones digging in to my feet.
    twas entertaining ..

Told you to head our way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

So that Liffey bridge at Ballysmutten is still out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Húrin wrote: »
    So that Liffey bridge at Ballysmutten is still out?

It is, but if you are descending from Sally Gap, there is no eason to use it, unless you want to turn left at Ballysmutten and head onto Blessington.

th_bridge_01.jpg th_bridge_02.jpg th_bridge_03.jpg th_bridge_04.jpg th_bridge_05.jpg th_bridge_06.jpg

• Advertisement

Pretty impressive. So what route did you take?

Dear god.

Route and elevation profile:

th_Cycling27-09-2008Map.png th_Cycling27-09-2008Elevation-Distance.png

Ok, after seeing people carrying their bikes across broken bridges, I'm beginning to wonder if Blorg isn't becoming the Colonel Kurtz of Irish cycling:

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding troops."

I'm half expecting the others to come home next week and tell us that his command was terminated somewhere deep in the French Alps.

I'm half expecting the others to come home next week and tell us that his command was terminated somewhere deep in the French Alps.

You're not supposed to plant the suspicion this early mate!

Ok, after seeing people carrying their bikes across broken bridges, I'm beginning to wonder if Blorg isn't becoming the Colonel Kurtz if Irish cycling:

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint, totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding troops."

blorg: "You disapprove of my methods?"

el tonto: "I see no method"

It was emty's idea, honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Well,at least I have an excuse,I'm suffering from brain damage.I don't know what the rest of ye were thinking:)

shame there was no ramp, blorg could have tested our loyalty to the limit then ..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

ApocalyseNow_DennisHopper_Kurtz-787.jpg

Blorg.. he's like.. some sort of genius, man!

Advertisement