Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennis Hospital

• 26-09-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

Am i the only one here that is a tad concerned for A&E in Ennis in light of recent events?
    From [url]www.clarefm.ie:[/url]

Mixed Reaction to Independant Investigation
    An independent inquiry into the running of Ennis General Hospital is being met with mixed reaction in Clare.

The families of the late Edel Kelly and Ann Moriarty are welcoming the move announced by Minister Mary Harney while nurses at the hospital say an investigation into conditions at Ennis General is long overdue.

Hospital campaigners, however, fear the review may further damage confidence in Clare's County Hospital and lead to the loss of other services like Accident and Emergency.

Nursing Staff at Ennis General have given a broad welcome to wide ranging review announced by Minister Harney.
    Members of the INO say they have fought for many years for better patient services in relation to infection control risks, overcrowding, understaffing and non replacement of consultant posts.
    The news from Dail Eireann was met with mixed reaction from visitors to Ennis General Hospital last night

So what do we think?:confused:
    Is an investigation needed, yes i think so
    But will it mean full closure of Ennis Hospital or A&E? God i hope not!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I really like the fact there's an A&E down the road. There are lots of things that could happen to a person where they'd be dead before they got to Limerick/Galway. The fact it's so bleedin overcrowded at the moment says alot about how necessary it is the Ennis hospital stays.

Sure the hospital know there's maybe a test coming soon so they can shape up for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

My own opinion is for the sake of 20 minutes, id prefer to lim... have had the pleasure of having a miss read xray. my aunt being sent home with broken hip. my father being left for hour and a half after being rush referred by local gp.
    Shannon doc is a great concept but not enough of it. i can list a fair few people with bad stories from ennis... the reason i've a limp in my early 20s.

Advertisement