Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Crash repairs

Options
  • 26-09-2008 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

I have a smallish dent over my front wheel, the cheapest quote I’ve gotten to get it fixed so far has been 650 euro !! Does anybody have any experience with this sort of carry on? The price is just outrageous, all it needs is beating out from the inside. These guys are telling me I need a new panel [800 euro] or it needs to be resprayed etc etc. Adding on all the time.

Anyone any dealings in this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

what car is it?

we had damage to a 206 front wing last year, bought a new wing for 40 from crowd in waterford, got it sprayed, damaged steering joints repaired, few other bits and pieces for under 200 (exc price of parts)

crowd in waterford = Autozone - 051392646
    wing was delivered the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭golfball37

Its a 2008 Corolla, silver. I can't understand the prices tbh. I'm in Clare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

golfball37 wrote: »
    Its a 2008 Corolla, silver. I can't understand the prices tbh. I'm in Clare.

TBH with a 2008 car you want it brought back to "as-new" condition.

Just get a few more quotes and you'll soon see if you're being ripped off or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

golfball37 wrote: »
    I have a smallish dent over my front wheel, the cheapest quote I’ve gotten to get it fixed so far has been 650 euro !! Does anybody have any experience with this sort of carry on? The price is just outrageous, all it needs is beating out from the inside. These guys are telling me I need a new panel [800 euro] or it needs to be resprayed etc etc. Adding on all the time.

Anyone any dealings in this area?

A. You might be better off posting this in the motors forum

B. If the Metal is kinked or pinched or torn then its a new panel i'm afraid and the price would sound about right in that case. Also, it might not be possible to just easily remove the panel and some cutting might be required and the new piece may need to be welded on.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Check this out. Saw it this morning on an newletter email i got sent
    http://www.flixxy.com/paintless-dent-car-repair.htm

Might be worth a go..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 panelb/sprayer

im your name not over priced nor to little just the right price.thanks.

Advertisement