Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a Keg of Beer?

• 26-09-2008 11:16am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Having a going away party for my mate and I want to buy a keg of beer but I have no idea how or where to buy one.

Anyone know? Party is in Dalkey in Dublin if that makes any difference.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My mate lives in dalkey and has a home bar, gets them from here www.booze.ie

the lad who runs it is local enough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BrewCrew.ie or PartyKegs.ie or PremierBarHire.ie do the whole shebang if you don't have gas, lines, taps and all the other paraphernalia which keg beer requires.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭gabigeist

Yeah , why can't we just buy a straight keg of beer here? I remember knocking into many a liquor store in America and rolling a keg back to the gaf. Slap it in a bin of ice and jam a hand pump on the top et Voila!
    You had to give a deposit on the keg but the hand pumps were piss cheap. You got something like 80 pints out of the keg and it made for great parties.
    I've used the sites listed above before but I really just want a keg of heineken with no paraphenalia.
    Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Try your local barman. They might do you a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

I agree with noby. Your local friendly barman or, I think someone else mentioned the brewcrew earlier. They do a medium size keg of O'Hara's stout which was grand. We got it a few years ago for a bash. Coolers. taps, gas the lot. About 50 pints or thereabouts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Keeneye

http://www.ontap.ie
    Ontap.ie also supply complete bar services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭little buda

gabigeist wrote: »
    Yeah , why can't we just buy a straight keg of beer here? I remember knocking into many a liquor store in America and rolling a keg back to the gaf. Slap it in a bin of ice and jam a hand pump on the top et Voila!
    You had to give a deposit on the keg but the hand pumps were piss cheap. You got something like 80 pints out of the keg and it made for great parties.
    I've used the sites listed above before but I really just want a keg of heineken with no paraphenalia.
    Anyone have any ideas?

do the U.S keg handles fit irish keg's??

do the U.S keg handles fit irish keg's??
    Sankey is the name of the standard keg coupler used here, and I think it's standard in the US as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

Messr Maguires does kegs of their own brews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Do you know what the price is?

I'd much rather Messrs Maguire's beer than the usual Diageo ****e you get for parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Most local pubs will sell you one but you usually need to get your own taps ive bought them a few times it help if you know a barman there

Blisterman wrote: »

I'd much rather Messrs Maguire's beer than the usual Diageo ****e you get for parties.

Not off the top of my head, sorry

Blisterman wrote: »

I'd strongly recommend contacting Cuilan directly if you decide to go for this -- his number is on the WhiteGypsy.ie website. I doubt anyone else in MM will know or care about selling their beer.

Also, if you're after microbrewed beer, Partykegs.ie does Galway Hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scull2009

in lidl starting this thursday 30th april they are doing 5liter kegs of some german pils/beer, not sure what the difference is. its £12 i think, may only be applicable in the north. do a check on lidl.ie , i havent time as im going to bed and just noticed this thread. also if anyone has tried this kegged beer from lidl let me know what its like, i was thinking of buying a few to see if it was decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Grafenwalder and its €15 http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20092673.index
    5L is about 9 pints so it is cheaper to buy cans/bottles usually but for a party its nice to have it on tap.
    Oh and quality is not bad for the price, the pilsner is as good if not better than mass produced lager.

poster in messr maguires advertising 3x80 litre kegs for 300 euros

Advertisement