Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair city / Rita Doyle

Options
  • 26-09-2008 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Does anyone know if the actress who plays Rita Doyle (Jean Costello) is ill in real life ? She has not been seen in fair city in absolute ages. think she had a stroke or something as part of the show.

just wondering what the story is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

How pissed off would you be knowing a Bell has replaced you. Imagine going to your office desk one morning and there is a tub of butter in your seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chicaguapa

Hardrain wrote: »
    How pissed off would you be knowing a Bell has replaced you. Imagine going to your office desk one morning and there is a tub of butter in your seat.

excuse me !! you have totally lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hardrain wrote: »

Better than margerine tbh, l mean you'd be standing there in shock, " l can't believe it's not butter ".;)

But yes , l would say she is ill in real life as all of her scenes have been sitting or lying down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I read somewhere that she has cancer of the buttocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Pigman II wrote: »
    I read somewhere that she has cancer of the buttocks.

Butt that might be false,:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Haha, that's awful!

The post about the bell is hilarious! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Dirtbird Costello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

so has anyone established if the actress was actually ill in real life or if this was just fair city's way of writing the charcter out? i'm quite curious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭julien69

Bella smoothered Rita with a pillow,he was sick of looking after her.Cant say i blame him.She was a right pain.:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Zippie84 wrote: »
    so has anyone established if the actress was actually ill in real life or if this was just fair city's way of writing the charcter out? i'm quite curious

As far as I know, she was ill in real life. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

julien69 wrote: »
    Bella smoothered Rita with a pillow,he was sick of looking after her.Cant say i blame him.She was a right pain.:p

I heard that too. Locals outside McCoy's heard Rita's frantic bell-ringing but mistook it for a house alarm and appropriately did nothing. Another Fair City stereotype of modern Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

angel01 wrote: »
    As far as I know, she was ill in real life. :(

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

I heard that too. Locals outside McCoy's heard Rita's frantic bell-ringing but mistook it for a house alarm and appropriately did nothing. Another Fair City stereotype of modern Ireland.

That's bad - But very funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jadejosie

chicaguapa wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the actress who plays Rita Doyle (Jean Costello) is ill in real life ? She has not been seen in fair city in absolute ages. think she had a stroke or something as part of the show.

just wondering what the story is.
    Ye Jean Costello is ill. Met her In St Lukes Hosp last year. She was undergoing treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Jadejosie wrote: »
    Ye Jean Costello is ill. Met her In St Lukes Hosp last year. She was undergoing treatment.

I'm sad to hear that. I hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Wasn't it a stroke she had in real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MsMolly

Jadejosie wrote: »

i'm sure she'd be delighted to know you were sharing that info with the nation !

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hannah costello

Zippie84 wrote: »

Hi I am jean's granddaughter yes she was very ill but she is fine now.. and whoever that brian bloke is.... my nanny is not a scumbag. she is an inspiration to me and an amazing woman. Find something better to do with your time then sit on your arse in front of the computer judging people you dont even know! Thats all I have to say:).

Advertisement