Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upcoming road plans

Options
  • 26-09-2008 11:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any council plans to put in bike lanes or bus lanes anywhere? Or if they have a policy for new roads etc. I had a look on the council website but I couldnt find anything specific.

Cork seem to be a lot more organised on this side of things, for example loads of useful info on their website (http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/cycling)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Not wanting to sound like a tool or anything but honestly regarding bike/bus lanes...not a hope in Hell. I'm no expert and know about as much as you in regards to council plans but I'd imagine that without an outer city bypass there is no way that bus lanes or even bike lanes can be accomodated for safely

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

from what I've seen of the city's attempt at bike lanes (Doughiska) I'd prefer if they stayed out of it so I can ride on the road!

An underpass or something would be nice at the Morris roundabout though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Next BIG scheme in the city (if they ever actually do it) would be Bishop O Donnell / Seamus Quirke road improvements. Dual carriageway with re-done traffic lights. One lane of each direction will be a bus lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Xiney wrote: »
    An underpass or something would be nice at the Morris roundabout though.

+17 ( ... = 16 + 1)

Advertisement