Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Rockband mic anyone?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the mic compatible for PS2 that they don't want or have one for sale?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I'm pretty sure any USB microphone will work with the game so you don't nesacerily need a rock band branded one. In other words if you really need one one could prolly pick one up cheap in any pc hardware store or argos or somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I got this one, it works perfectly:

i know it only says PS3 compatible, but as the above post says, any USB will work....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Vantage-USB-Microphone-PS2/dp/B000W9J0RI/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222501220&sr=8-14

There are always a few on ebay too

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Any USB mic will work.

Make sure you don't try a USB Mic which has built in headphones... Those do NOT work (properly)

Also.. the wireless headset also works, but it lags, so you fail even though you sing perfectly.

damn them!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    Any USB mic will work.

Make sure you don't try a USB Mic which has built in headphones... Those do NOT work (properly)

Also.. the wireless headset also works, but it lags, so you fail even though you sing perfectly.

damn them!

I was wondering about this, i tried doing Blitzkrieg Bop using the headset that came with the messenger kit, not like that song requires a lot of vocal skill, but i failed 25% in the song. I didn't think i was that bad now to be honest, but i'm wondering if that headset sucks too.

Anyone else try it with those?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ya the regular headset isn't much good for it at all.....

you'd be suprised how much better the usb mic is!

• Advertisement

CKWPORT wrote: »
    ya the regular headset isn't much good for it at all.....

you'd be suprised how much better the usb mic is!

The regular headset isn't bad.. it just lags... so it's not much good for actually singing with.

You "could" calibrate it in the options, but then all your other instruments would be out.

The thing that annoys me is that it's next to impossible to get a USB mic which is a headset.... without speakers on them.

It's annoying because I'm now going to have to buy a mic stand which is going to take up more space in my house.. just because I want to sing and play an instrument at the same time :(

Alright lads, sorry to bump this, last minute planning as kicked me in the head.
    In a word, HELP!

Session taking place this weekend, few friends, a lot of beer/JD and Rock Band/GHWT

Problem - No USB mic!
    So does anyone know at all any brick and mortar place in Dublin where i can drop in either today or tomorrow morning to pick one up. I've tried the usual suspects, Peats, Argos etc but to no avail.

So if anyone has any idea, by all means, let me know! :)
    Thanks

Yes... something you could try...

Go into game shops and look for new or 2nd hand version of BOOGIE (for Wii)... It should have a USB mic that's awesome.

You can always trade the game back by itself (in some shops :/ )

Best thing in a pinch... usb mics are difficult to get.

I've just phoned Gamestop on Henry Street...

They have many copies of boogie new for €30... and many copies of boogie second hand for €25..

It's not cheap for a usb mic, but it's the only one you'll ever need and it's good especially in a hurry (which you seem to be in).

if you want one cheap... go to ebay... but then that'll take much longer ;)

Good Luck! :D

Cully, you are an absolute legend. And on top of that, i managed to get a mic for 8 quid, yes, you read that right?

How?

I'm living in Santry and i rang up Gamestop there and asked about Boogie, which they said they had a second hand copy for 25 quid, fair enough, that will do the trick.

When i got there, the dude behind the counter had a copy of Get on Da Mic for the PS2 for 8 quid. The mic is exactly the same (Logitech Vantage). Just gave a good blast on Black Sabbath's Paranoid on Rock Band for the 360.

Again dude, thanks for your suggestion.
    SESSION ON! :D

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Again dude, thanks for your suggestion.
    SESSION ON! :D

No probs :D I prefer the boogie mic I have than the one I got with Rock Band :/

Although... the RB one is kinda broken now... don't ask... excessive cowbelling :/

Glad it worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

This is a tough decision...I want an €8 mic but on the other hand I don't think I could live with the shame of owning "get on da mic".

This is a tough decision...I want an €8 mic but on the other hand I don't think I could live with the shame of owning "get on da mic".

You must have a tough life if that's a "tough" decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Just wondering... Will the Rockband mic work with Singstar? Planning on getting the mother that Abba Singstar thing and would prefer to get the cheaper option if Ican :D I don't mind if I have to get the game with the mics just if Idon't need them. Cheers

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Just wondering... Will the Rockband mic work with Singstar? Planning on getting the mother that Abba Singstar thing and would prefer to get the cheaper option if Ican :D I don't mind if I have to get the game with the mics just if Idon't need them. Cheers

No they won't... The RB mic is USB
    The singstar one has a headphone connection at the end of it.

Although..thinking about it.. the headphone connection goes into a little box, which then goes into the PS2 via USB. I'll test it when I get home and let you know.

The dvd makes for a great coffee coaster! I've thrown some black tape around the top of it to hide the logo. Although paint thinner might work too :D

The mic being "tagged yo!" came second priority. ;)

I now want to play Get on da mic...

I think I'll buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Cully wrote: »
    No they won't... The RB mic is USB
    The singstar one has a headphone connection at the end of it.

Although..thinking about it.. the headphone connection goes into a little box, which then goes into the PS2 via USB. I'll test it when I get home and let you know.

Cheers mate. Just would save me €40 if I can use the RB one, in these times of the recession etc.. :D

Advertisement