Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jack Thompson gets the boot!!!

Options
  • 26-09-2008 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

:D

The Florida Bar has finally had enough of Jack Thompson's antics in and out of court.

The Florida Supreme Court has affirmed the Bar's recommendation to have him permanently disbarred from practicing law in Florida, effective in 30 days. According to a report from GamePolitics, the June 2008 report of Judge Dava Tunis that originally recommended Thompson's disbarment was heavily referenced in the new four-page document issued by the court Thursday.

Linky Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

pwnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yes! Justice exists, sweet, sweet justice. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good news but I don't think this will be last we hear of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Good riddance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,595 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The man's a glorified ambulance chaser of the highest order, with the rhetoric of the kind of internet fanboy he despises so much.

His biggest crime is that his presence in the first place made the legitimate discussion about violence in video games completely inert, because invariably he would represent the "other" side, weakening the whole debate with his demonstrable lies & vitriol. Good riddance.

A player may be gone, but the game remains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Jack Thomson is so disbarred, he can't even approach the bench at a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hilarious great news! If you look up his wiki the disbarment is mentioned near the end, apparently "one developer threw a party with a cake stating he was a douchebag and congratulations on the disbarment" hahaha nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,970 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The boot? I won't be happy until he gets the chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

WIN of epic proportions! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Good news but I don't think this will be last we hear of him.

*CCCP^ render's the mental image of Jack Thompson being sealed in a lead-lined coffin and dropped into the abyss of the Atlantic from a B-52 bomber whilst he screams "THIS WONT BE THE LAST YOU'LL HEAR OF MEEEEEEEE!" SPLOSH!*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

FLORIDA IS A PRETTY COOL GUY, HE HAS LOTS OF SUN AND DOESNT AFRAID TO BAN NOOBS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Delighted will probly be harder from to make the news now that he cant file a case against every game that features blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Hes like the Terminator, He keeps coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

He seriously deserved to be pwnt like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I heard Jack Thomson caused RROD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Am I the only one who feels a little sad about this? Sure the man is a raving lunatic - but how often do you get to read about someone mailing threatening pictures of a burnt out building to various court members?

And he's not half the big fish he tries to pretend he is. His victories have been very small. Maybe nil? Oh he tried and he screamed and pretended he was the schnizz but he was a lil fish in a big big pond. He was just more colourful so took the attention away from the big bad sharks.

Anyway, the biggest plus on this is that it's saving people in Florida a bit of tax that was previously wasted on his flippant and insulting cases.

Still... I'm a lil sad. I'll miss the madness of mr. Thompson - RIP. :p
    And yes I'm aware he isn't dead

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I don't think he won anything games related, I'm pretty sure nothing made it past appeal.

Advertisement