Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Octoberfest

• 26-09-2008 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Is this on next week?

What does it entail?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

wot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

kaimera wrote: »
    wot?

Cant you read?

He asked was Octoberfest on this week, and what does it entail :D

UL are organising Octoberfest this year. I'll find out more info tonight when I frequent the Stables and annoy Paul for information on this.

The Scholars are providing a certain type of Erdinger Beer for the month of October to celebrate Octoberfest.

To date, I dont know what events are planned...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Mossin wrote: »
    The Scholars are providing a certain type of Erdinger Beer for the month of October to celebrate Octoberfest.

Fat lot of good that does when Oktoberfest runs mostly in September :D

Peteee wrote: »
    Fat lot of good that does when Oktoberfest runs mostly in September :D
    Can you not read?

They are celebrating octoberfest...in october.

perfectly good fat lot of good it does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

This would have to happen when we're finished. Typical :rolleyes:

Edit:
    Can you not read?

They are celebrating octoberfest...in october.

perfectly good fat lot of good it does!

Pete's right, Oktoberfest. But you're also right as they're just doing their own version of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Marquee in the SU courtyard for the week; daytime events in that... Stables & Scholars doing beer specials...

In terms of events:
    Freshers' ball on Monday night will kick off the week...€15

Basically, this is a mini-festival with music kicking off on different stages at 4pm or thereabouts... Main stage in SU courtyard, stage in Stables, stage in Scholars... We Should Be Dead, Fred plus others...

Comedy on Tuesday; Damien Dempsey on Wednesday €15; Comedy on Thursday...

That's the general gist of it. Tix on sale from SU.

The Don wrote: »
    This would have to happen when we're finished. Typical :rolleyes:

Edit:

Pete's right, Oktoberfest. But you're also right as they're just doing their own version of it.
    I'm aware he's right but as yore edit states, UL aren't going for Oktoberfest are they? so it doesnt matter that the real one takes place in Sept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'm aware he's right but as yore edit states, UL aren't going for Oktoberfest are they? so it doesnt matter that the real one takes place in Sept

No they aren't doing Oktoberfest. As your aware, Munich isn't the only city in Germany to hold a beer festival during the year. They call them by different names. The SU could have called it ULfest or something else instead. Then they could hold it any time they wanted. Calling it Octoberfest is just jumping on the Oktoberfest bandwaggon.

I think we're going too far OT. Its a great idea. And its goin to be some craic at it. Hopefully Erdinger isn't the only German beer they'll have. If they are jumping on the bandwagon of Oktoberfest, they should get some barmaids in and get them to dress like the ones in Germany :D

@BD. I think you should edit that post where you mention the bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

I've heard rumors that those "certain people who work in a hospital" are playing again soon, but want an early set as they don't want to play to a drunken crowd!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lilrotter

I hear Animal Channel are playin on Monday @ like 8, game on!
    Great band from Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

digiking wrote: »
    I've heard rumors that those "certain people who work in a hospital" are playing again soon, but want an early set as they don't want to play to a drunken crowd!!!

7-9pm apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Finally! I've had the freshers ball ticket stowed away at my house in Groody for about 2 weeks.

I was worried when I first heard "ball", I assumed it meant formal etc. Thankfully, it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Teslacuted

Tune in!

rag.skynet.ie

A skynet production (for better or worse.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

That time does that start every day? I know it ends at ~11pm each evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Should be 3pm (in other words, it's 3pm if I'm there at 3pm)

Advertisement