Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

traffic in to Barnwell.. mini gripe

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Firstly, good luck to you all in your new homes, they look lovely!

As a resident of the back of Ongar, I have a gripe with some of the new people moving in to Barnwell.

At least 4/5 times now, I've been coming down the ongar road, once we reach Barnwell, the car in front jams on the breaks/suerves in to the entrance/not using indicaters. :mad:

I know alot of the residents will be new to the area and maybe not know where the entrance is and the volume of traffic is going to get worse, but, please, notice that there is a line of traffic behind you or people walking across the road .. use the general rules of the road, thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

4 or 5 times since Barnwell has opened? How long are people living there, a couple of weeks?

Just a thought, but maybe you're driving too close to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭cpstears

If you were too obeying the rules of the road you would know it was dangerous / carless driving depending on the circumstances to tailgate the vehicles in front of you. Drive defensively, and use the two second rule.

I think the boy racers on the ongar road are more of a problem than a few people forgetting to indicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

ahem firstly, i have been in lines of traffic and the person at the front would jam on or not use indictators.

only once has it happened that i was directly behind someone and i was well behind (obeying my own 4 or 5 second rule) however its still frustrating when ppl dont drive properly.

secondly, im not a BOYracer. im a WOMAN who knows how to drive a car properly and responsably.

ive never in my life had to jam on and always use my indicators as I am considerate to other people on the road.

i was not insulting anybody, these people have viewed the homes before moving in, so they know where it is. Also the entrance has a great big sign in front of it, my granny wouldnt get lost up there lol

Actually, just on the boyracer/speeding thing. Complaints have been made and as per usual the guards made one appearance and were never seen again.

surprise surprise

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Seems to me your gripe is really with bad drivers rather than residents/future residents of Barnwell, so its perhaps a little unfair to specify that estate in particular. People jam on and make late decisions to turn all the time, and once you remember to give cars in front space, you wont have problems.
    Irish drivers are not the worst (bad, but not the worst!), but if they're looking for somewhere they're unfamiliar with their attention is not on the road or other road users, so you have to keep your wits about you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

*Dallas wrote: »
    secondly, im not a BOYracer. im a WOMAN who knows how to drive a car properly and responsably.

dont worry about it. Everytime you open a post on boards you get the usual 3 -4 immediate responses by people just being argumentative. After that some people try to see your point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

While bad driving also drives (!) me demented, and I agree with you on people not using their indicators being something that would leave you screeming in the car, it happens everywhere.

So I would have to think its a tan unfair to lump all the residents of a new estate into a group of bad drivers.

Hardly a subject that is unique to D15 really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

I am thinking of organising a public meeting about just how bad the barnwell drivers in ...er barnwell are. Say the paddocks. Wonder will Leo or lenihan turn up, probably more important then the credit crisis. I think Leo is looking for Leno to come up with a bailout for builders from beechfield who bash in barmy drivers from barnwell - Thats what I heard.

Advertisement