Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan Nightlife

Options
  • 25-09-2008 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi thinking of going to Navan for a night out, any suggestions of where to go.Have never been before and thinking of going with a group so wanted to know if it was a good spot with a few good central pubs. And somewhere to get late drink in town nightclub???

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved to Meath. You may get a better responce here avrill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 avrill

Hi Mr. Magnolia thanks for that but as Im new to this service could you tell me how to find the moved to meath thread or is it a forum,sorry to be annoying you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The Meath forum is one of the County regional fora. Here's a list of all boards.ie fora.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Hi Avril,
    When are you planning your night out and what night?
    What kind of stuff are you interested in doing?
    There's a few good spots for dinner, drinks, dancing...depends on what you're after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭KAZ0077

BUMP!!

Heading to Navan this Saturday from Cork...just wondering if anyone had any opinions on some clubs up there....just looking to hang out with decent music and get late drink....heard all about the Palace but not sure what else is there....

Cheers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Roots-Sinead

Hi Avril,
    There is the Palace, which usually has some live music on from 10pm in the Piano bar and then the club from 12am. There's also the Solar in the Newgrange Hotel and Taboo on Kennedy Square. They're all nightclubs so there's your late drinks.
    There isn't really anywhere else doing music sessions on a Saturday night - most jamming is during the week or Sunday night. There's a place called The Lantern and they have the Backroom Sessions but I don't see anything listed for this weekend.
    For a 'real' pub you could try Birmingham's on Ludlow Street. Knight's Bar in Watergate Street has a late bar there too with DJ, Smyth's on the Square has the Beer Garden but don't know if anyone is playing tomorrow night. Ryan's in Trimgate Street is a nice pub for a jar. You could always start at the top of Trimgate Street and do a crawl. It brings you to the junction of Ludlow Street where the Palace is, in case you're planning to end up there.
    Have a great weekend. I'd nearly say give me a shout if you need a guide but I've a raging hangover from last night so reckon it'll take me 'til Sunday to get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

+1 for the palace, though if its a Saturday and you are claustraphobic maybe hit the Solar as it wont be as packed.

For Saturday night music may I suggest Rowley's Bar. Worked there for years and the bar manager is very good at getting top rock bands especially for Saturday nights (keep an eye out for Deep Six or Desperado).

Other than that Ryans is always a good spot. Knights can be good if you dont mind a younger crowd. Avoid Liquid Night club at any cost.

Advertisement