Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paint splashes on wood floor

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

In Short
    had some partition walls replaced and painted , 2 days later had to go on holiday

paint splashes left on the floor (new laminate) as time pressure was crazy

what we removed the next day did come off easily but now not budging

So looking for suggestions how to remove without scratching damaging th laminate ?

its that washable emulsion, but can't rememeber off hand, presuming waterbased ?

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Bound to be water based I'd say, since that's the most common washable emulsion (or even the only one AFAIK). If it's a laminate floor rather than natural wood, I would think the spots would come off easily enough with a plastic scraper without damaging the floor. At least, that's worked for me in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

I worked at some spots with those "decorators wipes" on a wood floor, it took a good going over but got them out all the same. Its better I think than using water near laminate or any chemicals like thinners or white spirit .

Regards
    Builditwell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

have tried cif (was suggested) anda plastic scraper but not really budging, i think the month delay is the problem

I think I'll have to search for some proprietry thingy that is gentle enough - its plue blue paind so is darn obvious

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Dry scraping them off should of worked, especially since its laminate. Try and soak a face cloth with some hot water and lay it over area,leave for a min then try and scrap/rub it off.

Advertisement