Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Shops

Options
  • 26-09-2008 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Which Tattoo shop in Galway would you rate as the best?

the best as in

range of tatoos
    quality of the work
    customer service - are they nice to deal with
    price

thanks

jason

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I like Metal Works on Shop Street
    Go up and have a look and a chat and make your own mind up

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

Tribe City tattoo on Domnick Street are very good got some work done by Vinny there the other Guy Sean is sound too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

It was always Irish ink (formerly planet X) vs Metalworks. But theres 2 new places, 1 on prospect hill and I can't remember the location of the other.

Personally I would go to the new place on prospect hill. Ive got work done in metalworks a couple years ago and it was fine, but they have really gone to **** lately.

The new place on prospect hill has been getting great reviews from friends and also members of this board.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

You're always going to get conflicting answers with a question like that. Your best bet is to head in yourself to the places and make your own mind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 WhOtHenNow

Been to Tribe twice, its a good place, they are very enthusiastic about original designs,

Heard good reviews about the Prospect Hill shop too,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 triciac20

got mine done in metal works and so have a few others i know...id never go anywhere else for mine, they are really professional....even though those new places could be good too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

I got mine at the start of the year in Irish Ink. Not one out of the brouchure and it came out really well imho. The guys were friendly, prosessional and most important clean and hygenic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 JamesStephens

new one ones in forster street down the lane there where the polish tan shop is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SweetnLow

I got a tattoo in Tribe City on Domnick St. last week- Brilliant experience, the guys were sound, place is clean and friendly. Tattoo looks great and healed quickly. Really recommend the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 IrishMetalGirl

I'd really go for Irish Ink,

I've not had much done in there, but I've brought my friends there and they loved it. and I love it... Jon and his crew are always pretty nice guys...there very clean and 100% safe and they do a wide range of work...

They also speak German and French if anyone's english isn't great

:rolleyes: xxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I'd go to Dublin for it to be honest. Same with piercings.

Less chance of it being fcuked up up there.

I agree. But if its very simple tattoo id get it done here
    I wouldn't know about piercings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

My friend had a gammie tatoo done years ago she hated went to skinny guy in tribe city who was lovely ab]nd helpful - she had an idea what she wanted but didnt think it possible-so he drew up a design and spent ages making sure was what she wanted - very impressed!
    Personally dont like those sort of places and dont have a tattoo but considering getting one done there!

I'd really go for Irish Ink,

I've not had much done in there, but I've brought my friends there and they loved it. and I love it... Jon and his crew are always pretty nice guys...there very clean and 100% safe and they do a wide range of work...

They also speak German and French if anyone's english isn't great

:rolleyes: xxx
    Well, considering Jean is French and Joe is German, I'd hope they'd be able to speak their native languages :).

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Galway, I've heard a lot more horror stories about Dublin tattoo artists than the ones here. Actually, I don't think I've heard any horror stories about Galway-based tattoo artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 liddy

i have had lots of work done in metalworks....:D both tattoos and piercings... luke is a brilliant piercer and macaya is a brilliant tattoo artist!!!!;) there is really friendly receptionist aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What's the going rate to have a tattoo done these days...
    Say for example a size equating to the palm area of a woman's hand

Sorry, I'm no good with measurements....
    Just loking for a ball park figure...:)

What's the going rate to have a tattoo done these days...
    Say for example a size equating to the palm area of a woman's hand

Sorry, I'm no good with measurements....
    Just loking for a ball park figure...:)
    That's a difficult question to answer. It depends on the area being tattooed and the design. A simple one colour outline on your shoulder will be cheaper than a full colour design on your chest for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 liddy

i personal like metalworks... friendly athmophere nice girl at the desk good tatto artist

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

+1 fo the place on Prospect Hill. (G)

Great place altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

ive heard a lot of horror stories about metalworks i lot of people i know have had bad expierences there, g's on prospect hill would be my #1 choice gordon and andy in their are both top class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

went into metalworks once just to buy a d-ring for a lip piercing. maurice in cork had pierced it with a longish stud as he said it would heal better but had given me the measurement and told me as soon as it healed i could change it but to use a d-ring as it would be more comfortable. i was working up in galway at the time and went into town to buy it once it healed and the daft cow in metalworks argued with me for 20 mins before selling it to me though :O very bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 easilyled

Hi everyone

I'm looking for info on the Tattoo Shop in Prospect Hill, Galway. Website, Email Address, somewhere where I can see some of their work etc

Cheers

easilyled wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I'm looking for info on the Tattoo Shop in Prospect Hill, Galway. Website, Email Address, somewhere where I can see some of their work etc

Cheers

http://www.wickedskin.ie/artistsgordoncarney.html
    Gordon opened G's Tattoos located at 70 Prospect Hill Galway in 2007. The shop is open Monday-Saturday 11am to 8pm. They guarantee a friendly service and staff that are happy to answer any and all questions. The tattoo shop is also equipped with a piercing room. Their piercer Andy has been piercing professionally for the past 6 years. Andy covers all piercings and also does micro dermals. Call the shop on 087 6673475.

Ive had two tattoo's done by Gordon and I would recommend him. Like the vast majority of tattoo studios, theres good and bad stories on this board, but from what ive read, the vast majority of feed back from gordon is positive.

Advertisement