Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

javascript question....

Options
  • 26-09-2008 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm opening IE in kiosk mode(no menu's, address bar etc.)... The user has the content and a close window link. When the close link is clicked it closes the window but not before an alert telling me that javascript is trying to close the window. My question is, can this alert be suppressed some how? its bugging the hell out of me and google hasn't helped much!

If anyone has any answers/suggestions i would appreciate it

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

This guy seems to have a solution - http://www.guyfromchennai.com/?p=18 - I think it's there for security reasons though. That solution tells the window it was opened by itself but you could achieve similar results by opening the window in script from a parent page so it will close in script without this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

As Musician said, it's probably being opened from a hyperlink in a new window or directly, rather than from JavaScript.

If you use window.open() you should be able to close the window through script without the prompt.

Advertisement