Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator interests at heart - Donegal Forum

Options
  • 26-09-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Someone made a perfectly good post on the donegal forum indicating corruption in the Donegal County Council which moderator 'muffler' closed.

It appears that the this moderator will close any real serious discussion affecting donegal people.

He is only interested in 'Where is best place for stag party' or 'best pubs in letterkenny'

Nobody is allowed to discuss any serious topic such as corruption in the local donegal authorities, even though its rampant.

Why is he allowed this power? Corruption in donegal authorities IS IMPORTANT to the people of donegal...yet muffler will try to silence A CLEAR MAJORITY attempting to discuss it

What are his motives for silencing people discussing the reality of donegal population?

We don't all care about "best pubs in town" for stag/hen parties, muffler.
    We do care about who is corrupt, named or not..we need to know whats going on, but you keep shutting everyone up! banning people for nothing but speaking the truth!

Please don't talk to me about forum charters..this is real life, peoples lives are being affected, anyone that complains does so for good reason - muffler shuts them up! - please do something here..

He isn't suitable moderator for serious discussions.

put him in a "donegal party scene" forum instead.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Martyr wrote: »
    What are his motives for silencing people discussing the reality of donegal population?

His motives are the protection of this website with regards to allegations made which may or may not be true.
    He isn't suitable moderator.

We have found him to be a very suitable Mod and the fact that he is closing such threads means he is doing what is expected of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

We have found him to be a very suitable Mod and the fact that he is closing such threads means he is doing what is expected of him.

i said he wasn't suitable for SERIOUS discussion.

If all the donegal threads are gonna be about where the best place to drink is, or best river to catch salmon in is..ffs - just close it altogether.

i've read hundreds of posts on this site that would in theory "break the rules" yet nobody batts an eyelid..

Beruthiel, if you lived in donegal, and these problems with authority affected you, your opinion would be different.

Do i have to go dig up posts just to prove a point?

His motives are the protection of this website with regards to allegations made which may or may not be true.

Forum members make accusations and claims all the time in the politics forum, and you know what happens?

People dispute it.. and thats life.

In donegal forum, we're not even given a single opportunity to discuss ANYTHING (except best pub in town for stag party)
    And this guy, muffler is unbiased for donegal county council??

Are you serious? a guy who just happens to moderate construction and planning? give me a break.

He is clearly a donegal county council puppet who will silence anyone that criticises their incompetence or failure to enforce the law of this
    country.

what is it you and this site fears? Beruthiel - the truth?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yawn. What is it in the Donegal water? I would respectfully ask that you retract your comment about muffler being a "puppet". Unless you can provide proof of the same, I will remove your access to this site.

Accusations of corrupting or law-breaking are libellous. Libellous content will be removed on sight. In addition, discussion of ongoing, pending, or possible legal action can result in legal problems for this site. So we remove that too.

First and foremost, we will protect the site against legal action.

I would respectfully ask that you retract your comment about muffler being a "puppet". Unless you can provide proof of the same, I will remove your access to this site.

*sigh* - just do it, go on big man with your "power"

I stand for the truth, if you want to ridicule me - fine, ban me from the site - I AM NOT SORRY.
    seamus wrote:
    Yawn. What is it in the Donegal water?

рыба гнила с головы

• Advertisement

I stand for the truth, if you want to ridicule me - fine, ban me from the site - I AM NOT SORRY.
    The only person doing any ridiculing here is you I'm afraid.

If you stand for the truth, then why are you fabricating lies about muffler?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Oh my what a MARTYR.

See what I did there?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Good lord try to be a little bit less of a cliche.
    seamus wrote: »
    The only person doing any ridiculing here is you I'm afraid.

Can't let a good opportunity slide.

seamus, its great having the opportunity for serious debate on problems affecting any people, not just in donegal - we do have problems here.

currently, muffler opposes serious debate.

is it unreasonable for an intelligent man like yourself, to understand we're not all interested in best pub to drink in, or best mountain to climb here in donegal?

you think its only people living in dublin that matter?
    or that issues affecting the United States matter more?

ban me if you want - really couldn't care less..its sad.

CuLT wrote: »
    Oh my what a MARTYR.

See what I did there?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Good lord try to be a little bit less of a cliche.

Can't let a good opportunity slide.

so you banned me? - fine.
    go ahead - i'm tired reading your non-sensical arguements.

i see you for what you are.
    code = garbage

i mean...you're all in charge of boards.ie?? - right.

so you banned me? - fine.
    go ahead - i'm tired reading your non-sensical arguements.

i see you for what you are.
    You're still posting here, no I haven't banned you, seamus appears to want to give you the time of day.

• Advertisement

You're still posting here, no I haven't banned you, seamus appears to want to give you the time of day.

i just want serious debate in donegal forum, thats all
    why is that so hard for you people to understand?

i just want serious debate in donegal forum, thats all
    why is that so hard for you people to understand?
    It's ok, we're a bit daft :)

Accusations of corrupting or law-breaking are libellous. Libellous content will be removed on sight. In addition, discussion of ongoing, pending, or possible legal action can result in legal problems for this site. So we remove that too.

i could go and dig up a few hundred..maybe thousand posts doing exactly this..*sigh*

suppose it only applies to us muppets up here in donegal.
    we're not allowed to complain about anything..we're all idiots.

we live in thatch cottages, shag sheep, give blowjobs to DCC members..we're worthless, right? yeah.. (that might be libellous, edit it you want)

i'll bet the logic in your code is just as good.

Seamus, here is the current strongest man list

hey yo, you might be on it after banning me :-P go for it bro

Now you're just rambling. I get no satisfaction from banning you or anyone else. You might think you're special, but I don't.

If you don't see the offence you've caused by your lies about muffler, that's your problem. I want to remove your access purely to prevent you from repeating them, not, despite your beliefs, that I get any kind of kick out of it.

You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "libel". If you can provide a few hundred or thousand examples of libel, please do, so we can remove them. In fact, we rely heavily on people reporting this stuff, so you'd be doing us a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

we live in thatch cottages, shag sheep, give blowjobs to DCC members..we're worthless, right? yeah.. (that might be libellous, edit it you want)

With that kind of persecution complex, you're impossible to discuss things rationally with.

With that kind of persecution complex, you're impossible to discuss things rationally with.

I think you should read the responses i got before responding yourself.
    You obviously didn't read them, you didn't read post i'm referring to either.
    Reflects on yourself. - no more.
    Now you're just rambling. I get no satisfaction from banning you or anyone else. You might think you're special, but I don't.

Its obvious you get an erection from threatening to ban people - go with your instincts, you're top of the bastard list
    If you don't see the offence you've caused by your lies about muffler, that's your problem. I want to remove your access purely to prevent you from repeating them, not, despite your beliefs, that I get any kind of kick out of it

YOU NEVER SAID WHAT "LIES" - just made them up.
    I know you get kick out of it, read my last statement
    You clearly don't understand the meaning of the word "libel". If you can provide a few hundred or thousand examples of libel, please do, so we can remove them. In fact, we rely heavily on people reporting this stuff, so you'd be doing us a favour.

oh, i understand it.
    I've read hundreds of posts that could be considered libellous..nothing was ever done.

It only applies to people you feel it should, people in donegal - because our opinions are worth less - and thats that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement