Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the Apple logo from rear of iphone 3G

Options
  • 26-09-2008 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could suggest a way of removing the Apple logo from the rear of an iphone 3G?

I have searched on the net but cant find anyone who has even tried it.......

I like my iphone, but as it stands its just like every other iphone in the world, even if it is jail broken.

I get really embarrassed when some smug AppleFanBoy smiles or gives me a knowing nod because I happen to use the same phone. Not to mention the logo is shiny silver and much to bling and LOOK AT ME for my taste.

I don't even like Apple products or the people that buy them (generalisation is a strong point of mine, as are sweeping statements) so please stop thinking I am one of you!

Rant over, if anyone can give advice that would be great.

Oh and please don't defend Apple to me, I don't care that much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

I've never see the logo, but wd40 is good for removing decal generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

You could get a rubber case for it? I have one as the phone kept slipping out of my hand!:p

But it would cover up the logo at the back.

http://www.supergets.co.uk/?p=product&pid=425

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

yeraulone wrote: »
    You could get a rubber case for it? I have one as the phone kept slipping out of my hand!:p

But it would cover up the logo at the back.

http://www.supergets.co.uk/?p=product&pid=425

I was indeed looking at cases, they all seemed to have a cut out for the Logo, which is worse than having it showing in the first place IMO.

Its like saying, I have an iphone, deal with it, I need everyone to know!

Thanks for the link.inking about

I was even thinking about sending it to www.colorwarepc.com,they seem to do a really good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimmychin

I don't even like Apple products or the people that buy them

sounds like you've got the wrong phone,

why dont you just get yourself a phone that doesnt attract the attention you dont crave :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

cover it with your hand/finger...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

0becf55f-16f7-486d-a144-855ff0ecc188TMB-Duck-Tape-2-Black.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭grey squirrel

nail varnish remover erases Orange logos. Maybe does same with Apples logos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Buy yourself a nice Ferrarri sticker or something........and plonk it on! Still an Iphone though, no matter what you cover the logo with! It'll just be an Iphone with a sticker on it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

not sure about the 3g model, but last one had to be opened to remove it cause its actually inlayed into the back case. So if you removed it , you were left with a hole....

i wonder if apple sussed that someone might want to remove their logo and came up with the inlay trick ??? !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

yeah no one will know its an iphone if you remove the apple logo... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

cases, they all seemed to have a cut out for the Logo, which is worse than having it showing in the first place IMO.

[/url] seem to do a really good job.
    is that true? Hahaha...that IS pathetic! Well:
    get a case for a phone with the same-ish measurements - a krusell for an e71 or sth... Or to be unapple-cool use sth crude like masking tape, tippex, or a Sagem sticker?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

faceman wrote: »
    :D

faceman wrote: »

Actually, using my asus p550 in public (in Mayo) I have more than once been asked if that's that iphone!!! :eek::confused::D

asus-p550-smartphone-1.jpg

I am not to bothered if people know its an iphone, I just dont want the tacky shiny Apple logo and all it seems to stand for, I dont want to be associated with the people that want to show it off and seem blind to what Apple the company really is...........

People would not defend members of their family in the same way the seem to defend Apple.

As for choosing a different phone, I would in a heart beat if WinMo 6.1 was any good.......I would much rather a X1 or Touch HD but they just dont work with Windows Mobile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

strecker wrote: »
    Actually, using my asus p550 in public (in Mayo) I have more than once been asked if that's that iphone!!! :eek::confused::D

Looks a bit more like Frenzy from Transformers???!!! :D

strecker wrote: »

Walking down the street in Mayo I have ben asked if I am off the Telly, because they dont recognise me!! :eek::confused::D

11_41_68---TV-Camera_web.jpg

:lol: yeah, there's that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Cian Weldon

hi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Windows Phone 7 or some black tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

hi

Dont post in old threads without good reason

Closed

• Advertisement