Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish transitioning already.

Options
  • 26-09-2008 3:14pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭

O.k. make your claim to fame here. Who doesn't use the transitional doctype? As far as I can see the world and his mother does. Move on for crying out loud. The campaign to actually make the transition starts here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I'm happy enough to use strict until I have to embed some third party code that invalidates it... then I wonder what's the fking point.
    Arse biscuits to it all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Yeah it's fun to see the lack of responses to this. There was a brief moment when everyone cared about standards but now with their transitional doctype in place everything is hunky dorey. Did the meaning of transitional go over everyones head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Maybe if they made the W3C validation badges more exciting...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

musician wrote: »
    Yeah it's fun to see the lack of responses to this. There was a brief moment when everyone cared about standards but now with their transitional doctype in place everything is hunky dorey. Did the meaning of transitional go over everyones head?
    No, but you didn't exactly pose an interesting question. You just rambled on a bit really. You have to write a decent post to generate responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭charybdis

Exactly what is wrong with the transitional Doctype? It seems like you take exception to it primarily because of the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

p wrote: »
    No, but you didn't exactly pose an interesting question. You just rambled on a bit really. You have to write a decent post to generate responses.
    So true :)

Now if you'd posted something contentious about Apple Macs or suggesting bringing back the blink tag ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

blacknight wrote: »
    bringing back the blink tag ... :pac:
    You mean it went away?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You mean it went away?!
    I knew that would generate at least one reply :)

Advertisement