Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thread filters

Options
  • 26-09-2008 3:41pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When did that sneak in?
    I like it, in principle.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

This afternoon, thanks to CuLT.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Just movin crap around like there's no tomorrow.

(they used to be down the bottom, where I have moved that advertisement so it doesn't generate a big block of whitespace anymore)

If you want to see a more interesting application of the filter option, check the Development forum and filter by prefix :)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I preferred the filter down the bottom as it is something I very rarely use. It is now just something else that pushes threads further down the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

But now when I go to a forum I only see the first 3 threads (usually stickies) before scrowling down :(

Whos going to compensate me for all those lost seconds?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

5starpool wrote: »
    I preferred the filter down the bottom as it is something I very rarely use. It is now just something else that pushes threads further down the page.
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Going to make more use of thread prefixes in future, until then I am afraid you will have to push your finger that extra centimetre to scroll past the stickies.

I know this is going to cause huge grief for some of you and think of the children and oh the huge manatees, but I believe in you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Same. Not a fan of it at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I never use the filter and it feels "in the way" now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

CuLT wrote: »
    Going to make more use of thread prefixes in future, until then I am afraid you will have to push your finger that extra centimetre to scroll past the stickies.

I know this is going to cause huge grief for some of you but think of the revenue the real estate brings in and I am sure you will understand

FYP

:pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

CuLT wrote: »

I know this is going to cause huge grief for some of you and think of the children and oh the huge manatees, but I believe in you.

Maybe I am incorrect, but most people look at threads I would imagine by reading the title and scrolling through the list, not by using filters or prefixes (not sure what they are even). Having this thing at the top instead of at the bottom is going to get in the way for far more people than it helps imo, and websites are about look and feel as well as usability and I think given most users habits, it will affect the look and feel more than the usability. I don't generally care what happens at the bottom of pages, but the top is more important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Did something change? :o

/ed
    Ah, nice work CuLT.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Might I suggest giving it an expand/contract button like the similar threads/posting rules piece? Think it would work better if it could be partly hidden.

crash_000 wrote: »
    Might I suggest giving it an expand/contract button like the similar threads/posting rules piece? Think it would work better if it could be partly hidden.

Could just remove the Posting rules bit. The bit about BB code ON HTNL Off etc. Is it really any use?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could just remove the Posting rules bit. The bit about BB code ON HTNL Off etc. Is it really any use?
    Click the little button in the top right of the box (same with similar threads and quick reply) and it will minimize it. Quite a handy feature.

Click the little button in the top right of the box (same with similar threads and quick reply) and it will minimize it. Quite a handy feature.

I just lost 4 inches! :pac:

Cheers dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Just so you know, the adds at the bottom are no longer displaying for me inside a thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The CULT revolution continues!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

This does not float my boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

javaboy wrote: »
    This does not float my boat.
    Mine neither .. still more crap to scroll past to see the real forum content. Before long we'll not even see the first thread on the same page as the headers and other noise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

crash_000 wrote: »
    Collapseable ftw

• Advertisement
Advertisement