Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match thread: Dublin Derby Shamrock Rovers vs Bohemians

• 26-09-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭

Bohs look to move a step closer to winning the league against fierce rivals Shamrock Rovers tonight at Tolka Park. It is also live on RTE 2 from 7.30 pm

WATCH THIS!!

I'd say it will be good for the sheer atmosphere alone.
    Going to go for a 2-1 Bohs win.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'll be heading along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

fierce rivals [/B]
    In their dreams :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'll be there.

2-0 to Bohs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Maguire sent off for Rovers after 20mins:rolleyes:

0v0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Rovers 1 v 0 Bohs!

"We've only got 10 men!"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

1-1

Will be tough for Rovers to hold out for the rest of the half.

1-2

its was coming fairness.

Still life left in Rovers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

2-1 to Bohs in the end, Rovers struggled in the second half

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Same pattern as the other two derbies. Rovers absolutley obliterated them in the first half and they get one chance and take it. They had a good spell in the second half, but again we pile on after they get the goal and they hang on. I suppose that riding of the luck is the difference between winning a league and mid table, that and iffy sendings off. Those who watched on the box, care to shed light?

Very frustrating, but its nice to know they will be stripped of the title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Same pattern as the other two derbies. Rovers absolutley obliterated them in the first half and they get one chance and take it. They had a good spell in the second half, but again we pile on after they get the goal and they hang on. I suppose that riding of the luck is the difference between winning a league and mid table, that and iffy sendings off. Those who watched on the box, care to shed light?

There you are! :D
    We left you off the leash a bit all right. Spot of complacency, courtesy of a 16-point gap at the top (you probably don't look there too often).
    Then we reeled you in -- in spite of the Purcell-Kelly show.
    You've been beaten in three out of three, and you still cite luck. Have some dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Luck is for losers!

Stick to the day job Scully you minnow! Championees, championees.....

podge018 wrote: »
    Luck is for losers!

Constant abuse he got! "he'll still be drivin taxis"

Well deserved 2-1 victory. O Donnell still has a lot to for me, he had a decent second half but the first half he was brutal, as was Anto Murphy. The two weak spots in that team. Its a pity Fenn is slow becuase both him and Crowe have an excellent touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

my prediction was right but i guess it wasn't that bold, well other than murphy conceding a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

He's back, and deluded as ever :D.

Why's there no crying with laughter smiley? Ah well...

"obliterated" us in the first half? :p you "pile on" after we get the goal and we "hang on"? "riding of luck"?? and the clincher... "iffy sending off" :confused::D

Brilliant.

I knew you were deluded, but a sore loser too? Fantastic :D.

To be honest you're being ungracious. This is probably the best team ever assembled in the LoI. We're 19 points clear (albeit St. Pats have 2 games in hand). We're more than 30 points clear of your minnow club. We have beaten the shams all 3 times this season. We have condeded only 9 goals in the league all year and have now won our last 12 games on the trot. Give some credit where it's due, for your own sake, it only make you look bitter and jealous.

Unlike the ungracious ONYD ;), I'll give the shams credit for being the first team to score more than 1 goal against us over the course of the whole season (in the 2/3 games we've played against each club) in the league and FAI cup combined.

We won't be stripped of the title, sorry to disappoint you. However, we will probably be winning it at the home of the current champions if you fancy coming along to see a club actually win something.

2-1, in your cup final....

Publin wrote: »
    To be honest you're being ungracious. This is probably the best team ever assembled in the LoI.

Now look whos deluded.:rolleyes:

Don't want to go over old ground though....

Now look whos deluded.:rolleyes:

Don't want to go over old ground though.

Ah a bitter, jealous Cork fan too. I know with the recent financial running of your club you probably modelled yourselves on the 4% club, but don't be so blind that you can't see ONYD is spouting a load of rubbish.

Maybe the standard of all the other teams has just dropped massively and Bohs are an average side? :rolleyes: I said "probably" the best LoI team ever assembled. It is, IMO, the best LoI team ever, however the use of the word "probably" recognises the fact that others (decent LoI followers, not just bitter, begrudging fans of other clubs) may not agree. I hope this is clear for you now.

SectionF wrote: »
    There you are! :D
    We left you off the leash a bit all right. Spot of complacency, courtesy of a 16-point gap at the top (you probably don't look there too often).
    Then we reeled you in -- in spite of the Purcell-Kelly show.
    You've been beaten in three out of three, and you still cite luck. Have some dignity.

Fenlon said the darkside were lucky in his post match interview. But a hoop managing the D7 shower is lacking in dignity, I'll give you that.

Publin wrote: »
    He's back, and deluded as ever :D.

Why's there no crying with laughter smiley? Ah well...

"obliterated" us in the first half? :p you "pile on" after we get the goal and we "hang on"? "riding of luck"?? and the clincher... "iffy sending off" :confused::D

Brilliant.

I knew you were deluded, but a sore loser too? Fantastic :D.

To be honest you're being ungracious. This is probably the best team ever assembled in the LoI. We're 19 points clear (albeit St. Pats have 2 games in hand). We're more than 30 points clear of your minnow club. We have beaten the shams all 3 times this season. We have condeded only 9 goals in the league all year and have now won our last 12 games on the trot. Give some credit where it's due, for your own sake, it only make you look bitter and jealous.

Unlike the ungracious ONYD ;), I'll give the shams credit for being the first team to score more than 1 goal against us over the course of the whole season (in the 2/3 games we've played against each club) in the league and FAI cup combined.

We won't be stripped of the title, sorry to disappoint you. However, we will probably be winning it at the home of the current champions if you fancy coming along to see a club actually win something.

2-1, in your cup final....

I don't know where to begin with that nonsense. 'Our cup final'? :D Get a grip. Although this is the first time B*hs have whitewashed Rovers ever (regular enough the other way) so credit is due. How you won all three games is a mystery, but thats the difference between first and fifth, luck and hanging on for your wins.

Thats not the best LoI side ever, they aren't the best B*hs side ever. They are fit, organised and have gotten the decision, best team this year, yes. But you are, and officially admit you are, cheating by breaching the wage cap, so it will all be for nowt when you are relegated, assuming the FAI do their job, and you can be sure Pats will be up the High Court if they don't.

The collective delusion and willingness to allow your club be run in the reckless manner it is is typical B*hs. Will anyone ask Gerry about the iffy 4m loan at the AGM? Why accounts were submitted to the FAI and the committee knowing full well they were falsified? Why you are in the High Court denying you did a deal that you issued press releases fanfaring? Will they fcuk.

Enjoy the success. Its the last you will have for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

assuming the FAI do their job

The FAI have already said theyre happy that we are within the limit but thats some assumption, is there any precedence of the FAI doing their job?

On the match - we didnt show up for the 1st half - becoming a bad habit. Hammered them in the second half, dont remember Shamrock having a shot on target after we got the winner - maybe Ndo from a tight angle but it wasnt anywhere near the bombardment recieved at the last game in Tolka.

I don't know where to begin with that nonsense. 'Our cup final'?

Yeah, it's all you had left to play for this season. 1-0, and you f**ked it up :D...
    How you won all three games is a mystery, but thats the difference between first and fifth, luck and hanging on for your wins.

:D ah, nothing like the gloatfest after beating your lot. Fully deserved too, given how ungracious you are in defeat. Yous were more than lucky not to get beaten by Galway last week and have fluked results this year too. You don't end up 19 points ahead of the second placed team due solely to luck. Things like that and saying it was a dubious sending off make anything you have to say on the subject quite difficult to take seriously, but does provide me with a good laugh :p.
    Thats not the best LoI side ever, they aren't the best B*hs side ever. They are fit, organised and have gotten the decision, best team this year, yes.

In your opinion maybe not the best Bohs or LoI side ever, fair enough.
    But you are, and officially admit you are, cheating by breaching the wage cap, so it will all be for nowt when you are relegated, assuming the FAI do their job, and you can be sure Pats will be up the High Court if they don't.

:confused: see my post on the other thread on this topic. We're not in breach of the wage cap, the FAI see monthly accounts and Padraig Smith and our auditors are both happy we're well within the salary cap.
    The collective delusion and willingness to allow your club be run in the reckless manner it is is typical B*hs.

LOL!!! And pray tell, how did your lot end up homeless and in administration? Pot and kettle situation here, at best.
    Will anyone ask Gerry about the iffy 4m loan at the AGM? Why accounts were submitted to the FAI and the committee knowing full well they were falsified? Why you are in the High Court denying you did a deal that you issued press releases fanfaring? Will they fcuk.

EGM actually ;). We submit monthly accounts. The FAI are happy with them. The independent audit carried out found no issues. The auditors signed off our accounts. They are not falsified. Unless of course something that all the members of Bohs, our auditors and the FAI don't?
    Enjoy the success. Its the last you will have for years.

Well the shams would know all about that. What is it now, 14 years? :)

• Advertisement

Advertisement