Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite comics moment?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Just to get a bit of discussion going on the boards, what is you favourite comic moment? Everybody that reads comics has one, it doesn't even have to a major one but something that really made you feel like the characters were almost real.

For me it is Uncanny X-men #372. It was the first part of a story called "The Shattering" basically its about
    Xavier disbanding the X-men because a Skrull has infiltrated the team (unknown to the reader). Everything about the issue just seemed so real. And even though deep down you knew the X-men would not be splitting up it made you think that just maybe it was going to happen. There is also a great scene with Xavier pushing Marrow in an attempt to get her to control her powers and Gambit coming to her defense which leads to him walking out on the team. Just the best single issue I have ever read.
    ....shame part 2 sucked.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Ah I recall the Skrull fun before they appeared everywhere. I quite enjoyed the astonishing x-men run that followed.
    My Favourite X-men Moment is the reveal
    that Xorn is Magneto. Love it as a story arc. Grant did some great bluid up only to tear it all down.
    It's a shame about what follow when new X-men ended.

In Transformers Books I've enjoyed far too many moments.
    Recently it's been In Spot light Hardhead. The OW! moment and the scene that followed where just Brilliant.

Preacher. When he tells Cassidy to Fight!

Invincable 2nd book and the "I never liked You!" Didn't see that one coming atall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

So many, it's hard to choose. However, "Concentrating" from the end of Age of Apocalypse blew me away!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mr. K wrote: »
    So many, it's hard to choose. However, "Concentrating" from the end of Age of Apocalypse blew me away!

yeah that was class ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 MightyCelestial

I remember the classics,
    the first Dark Knight Returns
    & the Dark Phoenix story lines.
    For me, it would have to be a tie between those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Hard to believe theres so little mention of British comics here, they're the comics I grew up with before american comics got decent distribution so heres some...

1: In Johnny Red when Yakob was killed it was the first "what??? characters can die???" moment.
    2: The Somme and Paschendaele epics in Charleys war, one of the best written comics ever.
    3: The reveal that half of Kano's brain was replaced with a Krool brain in Bad Company.
    4: The reveal that "The Dead Man" was actually Judge Dredd and the whole lead up to the Necropolis saga

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I must admit, I don't share the same fondness for the Marvel/DC stuff (probably because, aside from the odd issue here and there, I didn't read them regularly until my teens, which brilliantly led to me reading the Crossing/Timeslide/Onslaught sagas and then giving up in disgust).

If I had to pick one, it'd probably be the Monstering issue of Transmet, specifically the
    "Mister Sweeney! Show us your penis, Mister Sweeney! We need to see it for specific journalistic purposes!" scene where the two Filthy Assistants are wearing fake vampire fangs

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭niall mc cann

One thing that always gets me is when
    Jesse and Tulip meet outside his grandmother's house at the end of the second Preacher trade. I'm a sucker for a happy ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Killgore Trout

Chopper Song of the Surfer (2000ad) -
    The last panel he's presumably dead after sustaining horrendous injuries, just before the finish line in Supersurf. no text. Brilliant way of finishing off the character - spoiled it by bringing him back in the JD Megazine, took me years to forgive 2000ad

Advertisement