Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on this weekend

Options
  • 26-09-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

How about starting this up post on here any events on in kerry ie. festivals, car boot sales, events etc. This will help promote community based events and let everyone know whats on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

not a bad idea and could really have picked up good momentum before the summer but okay lets see...

- http://www.killarney-insight.com/events.html break up events on a montly basis into sporting events / local festivals / music&arts / exhibitions&conferences an/or all

- www.inec.ie would have updated info on some events / concerts that would attract people

this is a start anyways for Killarney :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Theres a vintage show on in blennerville,usually in the windmill car park next sunday the 5th for anyone whos interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Sorry, I had forgot about this thread. Great food fair on in Dingle this weekend, Saturday and Sunday. Planning to go there myself tomorrow, hope it stays dry.

Knocknagoshel halloween festival is on Sunday 26th @ 6pm
    Ghost trail and haunted maze. Disco, fire sculpture and prizes for the best dresses costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

dh0661 wrote: »
    Ghost trail and haunted maze. Disco, fire sculpture and prizes for the best dresses costumes.
    Get there early though,as the crowds were massive last year,its supposed to be great though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Is this really as good as ive heard it to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭reic

Food fair in Listowel 6-9th November.

Kerry film festival November 1-8th: http://www.kerryfilmfestival.com/

did anyone here manage to go? Was it worth going to this year i wonder? ... I did enjoy the short time i spent there last year but was unable to go this time round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 NeratnsBerns

Irish Kitesurfing Association is running it's Final Kitesurfing Competition on Banna Beach, Co Kerry thsi weekend - 1-2nd of Novemeber.

Competition will start at 11AM, allowing the wind. lThe Fancy Dress afterparty is open to everyone dressed up for the occassion (with prizes for best dresses) and is hosted by Banna Beach Hotel (in Banna Beach Hotel Bar that is).

For more info check www.iksa.ie

kerry4sam wrote: »
    did anyone here manage to go? Was it worth going to this year i wonder? ... I did enjoy the short time i spent there last year but was unable to go this time round

I was unable to make it myself, sick baby. But hubby brought our eldest, and they thought it was excellent.

• Advertisement

Irish Kitesurfing Association is running it's Final Kitesurfing Competition on Banna Beach, Co Kerry thsi weekend - 1-2nd of Novemeber.

Sounds interesting, will go and have a look on Sunday.

I was unable to make it myself, sick baby. But hubby brought our eldest, and they thought it was excellent.

cheers for the reply, just trying to guage if it would be on again next year

just trying to guage if it would be on again next year

I would think so, it has been running for a good few years as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The Take 2 student film festival kicks off tomorrow up at IT Tralee. http://www.t2ff.com/
    Not the weekend, but it might be worth a look.

Thought I might be getting something screened but not heard a word so guess that's not happening :(

Advertisement