Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couriers didn't always cycle fixies !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Verb wrote: »
    . Jesus, youtube really is incredibly timewasting.

+1000 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Seems like alot of sitting about waiting for jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

haha no way, i know one of those in that, Pádraig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Chris Peak

I know a few of those people. The blond guy with dreads once stood by my bike, took out his multi-tool and had a quick look around before mooving closer towards it. He spotted me glaring at him from accross the street, and hoped onto his own bike and peddled off.... I'm not suggesting that he's a thieving c*nt, but..!

The Scotish guy, Jan Borza, was very badly injured soon after that program was made.
    I was beside him when they switched off his life support machine. He started breathing on his own, which surprised the docs.
    A few of us and his work mates from Secure Speed raised money to fly him home to Glasgow. Not sure what happened to him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭steinone

Quite a few of the couriers in Dublin still dont ride fixed, its simplicity over preference really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yeah, I ended up watching another courier program on youtube, this one I spotted on the dublin messengers blog

The need for the 'at risk' guy to get a singlespeed/fixie was pathetic. (Well the show overall was pretty terrible, but I guess it's pitched that way)

I found the idea that by being a courier one is a rebel, free to act as one wills, sticking it to the man, etc was fairly naive. It's a job, just like a job in an office, or a job on a construction site, 9 to 5, do your work and go home. Go home where you pay rent/mortgage, go to the shop to buy food, pay your taxes etc.

Anyway, this is more timewasting, I must get back under the thumb of the man and do my work.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

Ha ha...the fella saying at the end of part 2 sayin he could have been delivering things for bertie ahern!! that must be the missing link the the recent scandal with bertie! couriers are taking down the state!

Advertisement