Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have the blizzards any shame??

Options
  • 26-09-2008 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

is it me or is their "trust me im a doctor" almost identical to scounting for girls "she's so lovely".............

not that i am condoning what scouting for girls do!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

They're not ripping off that god awful English band, but the very fact that it sounds in anyway alike is appauling.

I saw the Blizzards a few years before they were signed and was blown away. Saw them a few more times after that before the first album came out, still great. When the album did come out I was very underwhelmed. Watered down for a mainstream audience. The new single is just taking the piss. Fúcking awful stuff. I hope they're getting paid well for what they're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 indy_alt_rok_DJ

i dunno....they are pretty alike.......both horrible....what i dont understand is that people who like decent bancds like them aswell...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i dont think scouting for girls is that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Going to see them during the week. I'll get back to you on how good/**** it is.

Not very happy with the 22.50 tickets though. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I have a very serious dislike for the Blizzards.... them and the Anybodies.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

that track is Great as is the title track for their new album: the domino effect.

Trust me you noobie OP, there nothing like scouting for girls... They have navan accents FFS. :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭tubedude

I don't know about them trying to be like scouting for girls, but I do know that both bands invoke the same response in me when any of their songs come on the radio......
    !!AWW NO NOT AGAIN!!CHANGE STATION!!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I like Scouting For Girls, don't like the Blizzards.

Scouting for girls have catchy music and nice lyrics...the Blizzards? Meh. They sound like a wannabe indie band...it seems to be the craze of young irish bands these days. They are either metal or indie...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭scooterdoyle

have to agree with tubedude
    that 'trust me i'm a doctor' makes me think --well you shouldn't have diversified into music:(.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

oh is this song a new original song?? i thought it was a rip off from the 80's -- not a fan..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Blackrocks

Just came across excellent music review blog called 'The Torture Garden blogspot' - dont know what you all may think but I believe its worth checking out. Great writing and music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 street sketcher

good live, was made go along to their gig in cork, fairly good I have to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I like them both :-) hating every popular band is getting old

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

good live, was made go along to their gig in cork, fairly good I have to say

I agree. Saw them in Sligo and went in expecting it to be a load of tosh really but infact I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. I can't wait to see them again now.. and I never thought I'd say that about the Blizzards. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭EmoMatt15

I like Scouting for Girls but most of the songs sound samey

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭chrissor

The Blizzards have to be one of my favorite bands at the moment and are nothing like scouting for girls.

I seen them at the Academy last Saturday and they were unreal live, such energy.
    I can see why people get sick of Trust me I'm a Doctor but there are some real gems on their latest album, the title track, The domino effect, Silence is Violence and Buy it, sell it are brilliant songs and the rest are not too shabby either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i agree, the domino effect is a brilliant album...

real progression from the first album ( which wasnt half bad tbh )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

chrissor wrote: »
    The Blizzards have to be one of my favorite bands at the moment and are nothing like scouting for girls.

I seen them at the Academy last Saturday and they were unreal live, such energy.
    I can see why people get sick of Trust me I'm a Doctor but there are some real gems on their latest album, the title track, The domino effect, Silence is Violence and Buy it, sell it are brilliant songs and the rest are not too shabby either.

god help us all

insights_cover_eyes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭whodoo

god help us all

insights_cover_eyes.jpg

haha! yep. the blizzards are pants

.....terrible.....terrible band

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

To be fair to the blizzards i like the 2nd single The Reason. its pretty good but trust me im a doctor is total rubbish so for me its currently 1-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I like them better than scouting for girls, and that's just cos they don't have an annoying english or whatever accent. both not great tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Squishy*

Theyre both as bad as eachother really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 zest4life

I saw the Blizzards play in Dolans and was really impressed . They sound totally different live than they do on their albums / air play . They definitely dilute their energy and sound for the commercial market . But live - they hold nothing back and give it their all and put on a genuinely good show for the people that come to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭yellowcurl

I've seen them a few times over the last few years. I really liked them at the start, they were catchy, there was a feelgood vibe to the whole thing. But now it just feels like it's the same old all over again. When they come on the radio now i tend to change channel because we've all heard those songs a million times already.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Angelicus_22

Have the Blizzards any shame...in a word....No

i was listening to an interview with the lead singer and he was going on about the Saturdays and how good they are....sure i suppose it takes one **** group to know another...

He's probably just trying to get his hole, hoping he will bump into one of them at one of their semi-celebrity shindigs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mcronnymc

I have a very serious dislike for the Blizzards.... them and the Anybodies.....

have to agree with you the just seem to be in it for the money, playing any sort of student event,.ie rag weeks. if they were really into their music they would be trying to make an impression on the british music seen. anyone......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

"trust me i'm a doctor" is just god awful. It sounds like 14 puppies getting kicked in the backside repeatedly. Also i agree every Scouting for Girls Song sounds the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

The Script 10 The Blizzards Nil (pub cabaret band)

Advertisement