Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have the blizzards any shame??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭culchienator

It's funny that you should compare them to The Script. I few years back a friend of mine went to see The Blizzards and they were supported by The Script!
    How things have changed...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭VegetativeState

They're both indicative of what's going on with mainstream music nowadays, there's nothing too interesting to be heard on the radio [with a few exceptions]. Everyone seems to have the same cleaned up sound and completely uninspired ideas.

Anyone know who was responsible for that awful tune 'Lets dance to joy division'? Sounded a lot like the blizzards/scouting for girls etc....That was infuriating. They nearly ruined one of my favourite pastimes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 mcronnymc

They're both indicative of what's going on with mainstream music nowadays, there's nothing too interesting to be heard on the radio [with a few exceptions]. Everyone seems to have the same cleaned up sound and completely uninspired ideas.

Anyone know who was responsible for that awful tune 'Lets dance to joy division'? Sounded a lot like the blizzards/scouting for girls etc....That was infuriating. They nearly ruined one of my favourite pastimes!

The band in question is a liverpoll band by the name of the wombats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭lala stone

The Blizzards would be NO-WHERE if that lead singer was a munter..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭This is

give them credit!
    i know being well "penned" into great contacts must have helped get that nice record deal but they have made a better album second time out.

if they had an edge in the UK scene they really would become "a band to watch".

but that takes money and maybe its just not being spent on them.

Overall the UK market they are trying to tap into is saturated at the mo IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 delayed11

i half like the blizzards, and i half don't really like the blizzards. i'm an odd fish.
    i think it's a liiiiitle bit sad though that they are actually going to play East Village bar in Cork. :S
    Can't be that stuck for cash surely!!

Advertisement