Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Repair Service

Options
  • 26-09-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a printer repair service in Carlow?
    now..I haven't done much research apart from a google search so any local knowledge is much appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Recharge have been known to fix a printer or two.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Whats the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Unless it's a very expensive printer it's hardly worth fixing as nowadays you can pick up a new one complete with a new set of ink cartrides for around 80 - 110 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

true i got one in tescos,,,89 euro has everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    true i got one in tescos,,,89 euro has everything

Yeah exactly unless it's an expensive printer don't bother getting it fixed unless you know someone who'll do you a deal, which you obviously don't if you posting here. I had a printer before that the cartridges costed more than a new printer from a different outlet so everytime the ink went i got a new printer. Don't need that now with cheap printing in college of course :P:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Some printers are cheaper to get fixed, others are not. I assume its not in warranty? If its an oldsh printer, better of replacing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

It's a Canon Ip4000, not too old really...might just buy a new one if they're that cheap.
    Don't exactly use it a whole lot.

thanks for the help sure!

oh and the problem is it refuses to accept there's no paper jammed in it. there really..definitely isn't...but it won't accept paper and keeps spitting it out and..crap.

Paper Feed problem.. get it repaired, I wouldnt throw it out just yet. :)

Advertisement