Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 out in November?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Isn't that RB update (to transfer RB1 songs to HD for RB2) due to come out around release time? I also think you have to pay for it too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Mr E wrote: »
    Isn't that RB update (to transfer RB1 songs to HD for RB2) due to come out around release time? I also think you have to pay for it too...

Yeah, its 400MS points but I had heard the update was released worldwide (deffo has been in US) and europeans were annoyed that they had the option to export the tracks but no game to use it with, yet i never recieved the update. I could be and probably am completely wrong though as I'm sure the game would have updated itself upon boot up. Having said that it did contain extra fixes and things aswell apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

It's available on both the US and European PS Stores anyway, I've already bought mine. Importing RB2, Less than a month to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

oh i really hope its out in November, i wasnt expecting it to come out here till mid 09....

If it is true, they could be releasing it then to compete with GH: World Tour, which is out the 7th of November i think...

Oh and just a warning to PS3 owner who imported Rock Band, the key and the songs you buy on the EU store won't work with the US version of Rock Band for some reason. I bought the key and a song pack on te EU store, installed it and the songs didn't show up in the game, nor could I export the songs. So I have to keep buying from the US store, which works out cheaper anyway. As does importing by the way. The RB2 special edition bundle is costing my €162 incl. shipping. Unless I get hit by a customs charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

rock band 2 is gonna be great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

theres also some people on the rock band forums saying that gamestation has the release date down as 21st november (just the game, no instrument packs apparently) and play.com have a lot of rock band 2 accessories with a 21st release aswell. People have also seen the above advert on tv so all signs seem to point to a november release, no doubt to compete with GHWT

On a side note, Game now have boxes for GHWT dotted around the shop. What pisses me off is their bundles:

- Game Only
    - Game with Guitar
    - Game with Full Band Pack

No way to buy the drums on their own (or Game with Drums). I was going to get RB, GHWT, and the GH drums... looks like thats not possible now. Hoping someone proves me wrong!

there are adds on the TV now, for Rock band 2, Out November...

spotted the adds on the music channels on Sky today...

So must be official....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

So thats both RB2 and GHWT both out in November? The war is on! :D

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    So thats both RB2 and GHWT both out in November? The war is on! :D

Hopefully, which are ye most looking forward to?

CKWPORT wrote: »

Rock band 2 without a doubt for me. Not even going to bother with GH. Still feeling burned from GH3, I think RB has it beaten in almost every sense. Maybe th emusic creator will be a good addition, but considering Neversoft have f*ed up almost every other aspect of the franchise I can't see it. I'll be too busy making levels for littlebigplanet anyway :P

A huge, huge plus for me is being able to play all the RB1 songs in RB2, and all the older downloadable tracks working with it. So when I get RB2 in a month (importing it) I'll have around 320 songs to play right off the bat.

Both to be honest, a whole heap of songs to play before and during christmas. The chances are i'll open one and save the other til christmas. I'm a solo player so i generally just play the guitar bits. So i generally go nuts.

I'm also part of an online band in RB, and right now they're carrying on without me for RB2 (as the rest of them are in the states), just hope i don't lost my place by the time November rolls around ;)

Same here, cant wait for RB2, will probably get GH as well tho, but not expecting to be great, just a disc full of songs till RB2 comes out...

I think the music creater thing in GH is gonna be crap tho, its probably just thrown into it....

Same here, cant wait for RB2, will probably get GH as well tho, but not expecting to be great, just a disc full of songs till RB2 comes out...

I dunno, there's some pretty decent songs in there in my opinion, the live version of Demolition Man on there (credited to Sting, but it's actually a rockier version of the Police track that came out around 1980), Foo Fighters Everlong will be as fun to play as Monkey Wrench was on GHII. The opener to Crazy Train will be a great feeling to play. And good luck 5 starring Van Halen's Hot For Teacher with that solo. Come to think of it, i'm really starting to look forward to it now.
    I think the music creater thing in GH is gonna be crap tho, its probably just thrown into it....

I won't use it. I think the only ones who will use it are those who have too much free time on their hands...

... (and they'll most likely be here bitching that such and such is missing from the game) ;)

I mailed a mate who works as a buyer for Gamestop, and if Rock Band 2 is out in November, they know nothing about it.....

He thinks its a mistake and that it is not out in November....

Eurogamer has it as out in 2009, but GameFAQs has it out in November 2008.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah sure it'll be out when its out:D
    Lets not get dragged into the whole conspiracy of release dates that was RB1

Eurogamer RB2 review is up, and it got a great score... 9/10.

From some of the new features listed - solo world tour (where band members can drop in and out at will), "Expert" expert guitar, special Drum Trainer section, switching instruments mid-game, etc. it sounds like a great buy.

FYI, they have GHWT boxes in Gamestop now, and the shop assistant I asked said that it was going to be 200 quid for the full band in a box version (guitar, drums, mic, game).

Eurogamer RB2 review is up, and it got a great score... 9/10.

From some of the new features listed - solo world tour (where band members can drop in and out at will), "Expert" expert guitar, special Drum Trainer section, switching instruments mid-game, etc. it sounds like a great buy.

FYI, they have GHWT boxes in Gamestop now, and the shop assistant I asked said that it was going to be 200 quid for the full band in a box version (guitar, drums, mic, game).

Solo World Tour is a great idea, so is the drum trainer, looking forward to that cause im crap on the drums...

Not too pushed about GH: WT, I will probably just get the game, use the RB instruments, hang tight till RB2 comes out....

It cant come out soon enough!

• Advertisement

Don't knock GHWT yet ... I think the drums look nicer (and are supposed to be compatible with RB1&2), and the guitar is better (the neck is actually snug with the body, unlike the guitar in GH3 which seemed to lose contact during that all important solo...)

For 200 for the full BIAB version it sounds like a damn good deal (compared to the RB equivalent a year ago)

True, but its definitely game only for me, have 2 guitars and a drums already....

Another 200 for the same, eh not in a recessions anyways!! :mad:

Yeah, but I was one of those poor bastards who got the useless EL drumkit with RB. Even after the coin mod, it was still very poor and frustrating to play (and that was the part of RB that appealed to me the most).

I got those ELs too, and then got Drum silencers, useless for making it quieter....and the amount of drop beats with them is wicked...

I'd be interested to hear what the WT drums are like if they work with RB tho if you get it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yeah, but I was one of those poor bastards who got the useless EL drumkit with RB. Even after the coin mod, it was still very poor and frustrating to play (and that was the part of RB that appealed to me the most).

I'm in the same boat. While I loved everything about RB more than GHIII the drum quality was atrocious and it got very VERY frustrating to play. I'll probably pick up the BIAB version of GHWT as the drums look up to standard (although I'll be awaiting a review or two) and then the disc for RB2.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

I don't think any release date has been set for this yet. Play.com are usually very good with release dates, but they have nothing down at the moment. I've seen that 360 ad on TV too. Don't really know whats going on there!

I'd love to get GH:WT, but I would have no room for the drums. Should be compatible with RB games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

The gardai have been called twice due to Rock Band sessions; I'd invest in drum silencers but, to be honest, it's mainly due to drunken roaring. There are ALOT of songs in RB2 I wanna play...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I heard that Rock Band 2 is out in november.. Then I asked Gamestop and they didn't have a date.

To be honest.. They did the same thing with Rock Band 1... I think they're trying to make it sound like it's out soon so that you don't get GHWT and get RB2 instead. I don't believe it'll be out for at least 6 months.

Well.. I couldn't wait, so I bought an NTSC xbox online, and imported the game.. I now have RB2 and it's awesome.

The Drum Trainer is excellent, and I can't wait until the Ion set is actually available here.

I'm also not getting GH:WT as I don't have space with all my RB + GH kit... Also, I don't have any money left after buying all the DLC from Rock Band :P

The game itself is actually awesome... It's not hugely different except you can't just play through all songs in a row on whatever difficulty... You have to do a career and unlock everything... You can be a random guy and connect online and complete your career mode online, which is most awesome :D

The characters also work properly.. One word of advice though... I'm left handed and I play GH right handed... but Drums left handed... You have to switch this before each song (each time you switch instrument) or the notes come up on guitar on the wrong side (or drums) and you'll possibly fail (and lose fans because of it). This RB, you can have 1 character and that character can play any instrument :)

Finally....
    EA has announced that Rock Band 2 will "begin shipping" in Europe on 14th November exclusively for Xbox 360 for a limited time.

The software will be released in the UK on 21st November, and the standalone bundle of new instruments will be at retail "beginning in December".

Rock Band 2 solus discs will go for GBP 49.99 / EUR 69.99 but there's no immediate word on instrument prices. The Rock Band 1 "Band in a Box" pack currently goes for GBP 99.99 on 360 and GBP 79.99 on PS3 and Wii.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=272198

• Advertisement

Brilliant...........Cant wait..........

Advertisement