Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock Band 2 out in November?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Dime101

Ive played both.

In relation to drums being hard on expert...of course they are going to be hard!Its pretty much like playing real drums!

Guitar hero plays,looks and feels better.Rockband guitar/drums suck too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So you dont like Rock Band then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Dime101 wrote: »
    Ive played both.

In relation to drums being hard on expert...of course they are going to be hard!Its pretty much like playing real drums!

Ok everyone to there own I suppose. Shame the rest of the planet thinks Rock band is the better game. And how you can say GH looks better than rock band is beyond me. And no way does GH play better than rock band. Maybe GH1 and 2 but not any of them since then. And we all know why that is. I mean DLC alone makes rock band a better game.
    One thing is true GH instruments are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Ive played both.

I have RB1, RB2, and GH:WT.... I've only played RB1 and 2 with RB1 kit, and I've played GH:WT with GH:WT kit.

Anyway... Guitar Hero doesn't really feel better. The drums actually fail AS MUCH as the RB1 set, but are worse than the RB2 set (according to scorehero). They do look better. Activating star power by bashing the crap out of the cymbals is not good imo 'cos broken sets will happen.

The drum charts in Rock Band seem more realistic, whereas in GH:WT they seem to add (sometimes random feeling) stuff in order to make the chart stupidly hard. They obviously are aiming for the "elitist" crowd.

The GH:WT drums are not good enough for me to warrant paying for them... I also doubt I'll buy an RB2 set.... I think an electronic kit is the only way forward for me.... I guarantee if I bought the GH:WT drums as soon as they are out, that they'd be dead within a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats disappointing... I saw an interview with Chad Smith (RHCP) who said if the drums could survive him beating the sh*t out of them, then they could survive anything.

• Advertisement

I should have said GH guitars are better. I've only got the RB1 drums so can't compare with GH WT.
    I have all GH games including modded discs all for x360 GH1, GH80's GH2, GH3, GHAerosmith GHWT. And I have rock band. Rock band rules, and can't wait for RB2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Ive played both.

Would you care to give us a reason as to why you thinks it's better rather than just coming in and saying "rock band guitar/drums suck"

Would you care to give us a reason as to why you thinks it's better rather than just coming in and saying "rock band guitar/drums suck"

Lol.. get used to posts like that on GH/RB forums... There's always people who seem to like only one of them and therefore the other sucks...

DLC is the big selling point for RB for me.... other than that, both games are good in their own different ways :/ The drums suck on both... I guess GH:WT drums are better cos they are newer than the ancient RB1 stuff, but that may change with RB2.
    ROC1977 wrote: »
    I should have said GH guitars are better. I've only got the RB1 drums so can't compare with GH WT.
    I have all GH games including modded discs all for x360 GH1, GH80's GH2, GH3, GHAerosmith GHWT. And I have rock band. Rock band rules, and can't wait for RB2.

You clearly can wait for RB2....

I couldn't however... which is why I bought a US Xbox360 and imported the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazedndconfused

Hey,

I'm considering buying RB2 but none of the shops have bundles just the game (which is a problem for me as I don't have any of the previous versions), Any suggestions?
    Also how're the controls in terms of compatability? I'm almost resigned to buying GHWT bundle and just RB2 disc, which I don't want to do if I can avoid it.

Cheers

Hey,

I'm considering buying RB2 but none of the shops have bundles just the game (which is a problem for me as I don't have any of the previous versions), Any suggestions?
    Also how're the controls in terms of compatability? I'm almost resigned to buying GHWT bundle and just RB2 disc, which I don't want to do if I can avoid it.

Cheers
    The Rockband 2 gear isn't out for a while yet. I got the rockband 1 drums, GH2 and GH3 guitars and disney sing it mic (same as RB one and the songs suit my 7 year old better).
    I've tried GHWT with rockband drums and it works ok, but not great.

Cully you smart arse! :P Ever hear of a figure of speech? lol
    If I came home with a 3rd 360 my misses would kill me. Otherwise I might have gotten the NTSC 360 myself. Then again a new 360 just for EA games. Everything else seems to be region free.

• Advertisement

ROC1977 wrote: »
    Cully you smart arse! :P Ever hear of a figure of speech? lol
    If I came home with a 3rd 360 my misses would kill me. Otherwise I might have gotten the NTSC 360 myself. Then again a new 360 just for EA games. Everything else seems to be region free.

Wow.. that was nearly a whole month ago :P I now have 4 Xboxes and an Electronic Drumkit which cost me 1.5k....

oh and I bought Lips... and I can't wait for the patch that'll allow them to work on Rock Band...

Am I mad?

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I don't what the fuss is all about the GH drums. I really like them, way better than the Rockband drums and I've had no probs at all apart from using them with Rockband.

I don't what the fuss is all about the GH drums. I really like them, way better than the Rockband drums and I've had no probs at all apart from using them with Rockband.

There's nothing wrong with them if you get a working set. Same goes for the RB1 drums... Both sets do feel like cheap bits of plastic but you get what you pay for. GHWT ones look a bit better that's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

They feel a lot better too though, when it comes to cymbal crashing parts of songs.

Advertisement