Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 misdirecting web texts?

• 26-09-2008 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭

Sent two web texts from the O2 website last night and today which the recipient never got- turns out they went to another friend whose name starts with "A" and thus happens to be first in my online phonebook.

I note that the O2 website is now down:
    My O2 is currently un-available. Please try again later.

Alternatively if you have a query about your account, please contact Customer Care or your account manager.

Anyone else notice anything? Could lead to some pretty hairy situations if they were directing web texts to the wrong person :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

YIKES! That could potentially be disasterous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Would suggest you log all the details with O2 in case they're not aware of this potential problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

blorg wrote: »
    Sent two web texts from the O2 website last night and today which the recipient never got- turns out they went to another friend whose name starts with "A" and thus happens to be first in my online phonebook.

I note that the O2 website is now down:

Anyone else notice anything? Could lead to some pretty hairy situations if they were directing web texts to the wrong person :D

Site seems to be back now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I sent about 10 texts to wrong people! It was because I was using the new google chrome browser! did a few test runs with ie and ff and it was grand. tried google chrome again and it went to someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,990 ✭✭✭✭blorg

@nice1franko- I was using Chrome also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement