Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

garda Check points on the link Road

Options
  • 26-09-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

theres been a serious ammount of check points on the link road lately...spotted the 3rd in a week today and the ERU (with the red bibs & guns!!)were manning this one!!
    Anyone any ideas why!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Seems to be seasonal but they are part of operation anvil and require armed backup and rightly so. I welcome them as a good deterrant and to the " aw crap i forgot to tax the car " people well hard luck is on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭wicklaman83

first of all it wasnt ERU,they would of been the local GDU (garda detective unit) which is standard nowadays for check-points and wouldnt have been an anvil checkpoint as anvil is only in the DMR divison which greystones has left and is in the wicklow divison

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NarkyBoots

Eeek - too many acronyms!

All I know is that i was breathalysed last night at the "exit gates" of Greystones beside the Woodlands pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I have been made aware of the web link below and thought to share it. It's nice to know the RSA and Gards are proactively letting us know where they'll be in hope to reduce those serious collisions other than a money making excercise (i know, it's debateable)

http://garda.ie/sez/Speed_Enforcement_Zones.htm

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

I travel on the Farrenkelly Road a few times a day but have never seen a collision....has anybody ever seen an accident on this road?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yes, in fact I have seen a traffic incident on this road....it was back with the heavy rainfall periods and there was pooling of water on the long curve heading towards the N11. Where the road dips, the water flooded the overtaking lane. It looked like this car had lashed around the curve with the water unsighted, hit the water then turned nose first into the median barrier. It was a heavy smash and the car looked like it was a write-off.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement