Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HONEST opinions wanted on a London accent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,955 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

but im not english!! lol i was born in london yes, .... i may have grew up with a london accent but i was brought up around my irish family, and my italian family the english culture for what ever it is ( class system and fish and chips?) had no bearing on me at all.

I said "an English speaker", not "English". Small but subtle difference.

As far as I can tell, the Irish don't really understand the concept of ethnicity, which is what really describes your own "Irishness". They tend to focus on nationality and also whether you're a blow-in. (Depending on where you are, a blow-in can be someone who's arrives on the last plane, within the last month or year ... or within the last forty years!).

Advertisement