Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subsidiary business account

Options
  • 26-09-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have just started a business and i'm in the process of opening up a business account with BOI. No problem there in registering the account in the business name because I had all the CRO documents in order.

I want to open a subsidiary account also as I am creating a register where I will have memberships. The subsidiary account needs to be under a different business name but I have not registered a second business because the register will be operated under my current business structure. I am considering registering the subsidiary business as an unincorporated company because it is not for profit and will allow me to open separate business account without issue. Monies received by members will serve to improve the service for the public. The register in question is for an alternative therapy company. I was wondering if there is another way of doing this? Someone mentioned to me that I should register the new business (registry) as a "trading as" name under my current limited company name. How does this work?

All help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

registering a t/a name will allow you open a 2nd account - unrelated to the first as it were.

Advertisement