Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loftus Hall for Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Its fairly run down nowadays, anyone know amv? Think its about 1.8million iirc

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

cute_cow wrote: »

www.daft.ie/1407322 for short :)

Looks very nice I must say. Hope its not knocked!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

big colour feature on Loftus Hall in today's sunday times

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

id like this place lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

TBH I can't see anyone paying that, especially to open it as a hotel. Whatever about the condition of the place or the land its on, you'd be plagued with sightseers coming to have a free look. I'd have thought it'd be unusual that this type of visitor would provide big custom to any business. And its not as if there's anything to the story....
    after all, to me the story suggests the young wan got up the Damien by some guy they took in for the night. Wasn't socially acceptable so they found an excuse to lock her away ("she went mad") and yer man was long gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Agree with you re the young one..but that was in an earlier house anyhow, so if it was the devil ;) the house is long gone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭capedcrustacian

so hang on, if it's for sale, then people can view it again yeah? I mean, actually get in around the grounds and the house itself??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sheliainwex

THE OLD HALL HAS SOME MAD STORIES ATTACHED TO IT IM SURE RTE DID A PROGRAMME ON IT YEARS AGO think its on youtube...

yes, there was a programme done by RTE, the model of the hall used in on display in Hook lighthouse..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Any of ye locals know if loftuus hall sold yesterday?

Edit: I heard the auction was on Wednesday, just checked Daft, it looks like the auction is today. I wonder will it sell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Auction scheduled for 3 today.
    Will be interesting to see what happens.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 maisymarshall

1966 wrote: »
    Auction scheduled for 3 today.
    Will be interesting to see what happens.........

Do you know what the outcome was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Araniell

Any word on who bought it?

Heard that there was a lot of interest and offers but no sale as such from the auctions someone on Flicker knew someone at the auction and that was the crack? Nothing in any local news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Heard that there was a lot of interest and offers but no sale as such from the auctions someone on Flicker knew someone at the auction and that was the crack? Nothing in any local news?

Will be in the people on wednesday i would suppose!

timmywex wrote: »
    Will be in the people on wednesday i would suppose!

Could you let me know, I'm in England so dont see the People. Thanks much appreciated. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

According to the Enniscorthy Guardian (22/10/08) the house failed to sell at auction. The Auctioneers started the bidding at 1.8 million Euros but with no bids it dropped to 1 million and still with no bids it was witdrawn. According to the paper it was sold to a commercial interest after the auction for an undisclosed sum. I wish them luck with this pile as it is in poor condition and with a glut of hotels it is hard to see what they can do with it.:)

If the rumours of the identity of the buyer are true, I doubt he'll be turning it into a hotel. Not a paying hotel anyway, maybe for all his megastar friends and international leaders. Allegedly.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

Pray tell, who is rumoured ?

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

hahaha the locals said that Bono popped by in his helicopter.... if a helicopter landed it must be Bono ;):D

• Advertisement

Like sam_mom1 said... Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

yep word on the street is that bono did indeed pay up.....
    seems kay herself turned up with her nephew to the auction...
    must have been a sad day for her...

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/loftus-hall-bought-by-bono-1515254.html

they're carryin it in the papers this week hahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

An auctioneer in the family has said it was defo not bono who bought loftus. But the fecker wont tell me who did but swears it wasnt bono

An auctioneer in the family has said it was defo not bono who bought loftus. But the fecker wont tell me who did but swears it wasnt bono
    grab him and shake him till he tells!!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MrLoftus

Three nights spent in Loftus Hall back in the summer

The whole place was explored from top to bottom

Uploaded the photos on Flickr and Pix. Get them while you can!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32677070@N04/sets/72157609670380437/

http://pix.ie/mrloftus/album/330434

Regards,
    Mr Loftus :)

3049490497_e1fb5867d4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Shame to see the place in such a state. Let's hope whoever bought it will restore it and not gut it and replace with chrome and plastic

class photos mr loftus!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Cool tell us more Mr.Loftus what were you doing there how did you get in, did you notice any thing freaky going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Murtinho

Excellent photos, amazing building, hope they do something decent with it and open it to the public occasionally.

Advertisement