Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loftus Hall for Sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

thanks Mr Loftus, satisfied my years of curiousity...

you can nearly smell the mould and the damp from those pics... hee hee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Maybe Mr Loftus is the buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Anybody know what the story is at Loftus? Did it actually sell? Anything going on there with regard to renovating the place?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Nothing has been done to the place yet anyway. Its still boarded up and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ger57

MrLoftus wrote: »
    Three nights spent in Loftus Hall back in the summer

The whole place was explored from top to bottom

Uploaded the photos on Flickr and Pix. Get them while you can!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32677070@N04/sets/72157609670380437/

http://pix.ie/mrloftus/album/330434

Regards,
    Mr Loftus :)

3049490497_e1fb5867d4.jpg

Fantastic pictures,thanks for sharing them as i was there many years ago when it was open and in good repair.Lovely old house and sad to see it let go to this.Having said that it will take some amount of money to restore it.How were you so lucky to get in there.I was at Kilcooley House in Tipperary yesterday,same story as Loftus,but apparently some guy from Monaghan has bought it for 4.5mill.Few pics on Flickr,but no entry to house.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canon_addict/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Kilcooley was inhabited to recently,it was the venue for AIRC dressage championships for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

Its for sale again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

conlof wrote: »
    Its for sale again

k5Td0vj2A42rAlfSv31u4GBjnY-bipOUCmYRO9UthpttPXBpZSZlPTQwMHgzMDA=.jpg

It's on Sherry FitzGerald's website for €625,000 sale agreed - including 63 acres of good farmland, so essentially the house is thrown in free with the land worth €10,000 per acre. You would need a fortune to restore it and I suspect it's heading for an arson attack some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

'tis a brave man that will attempt any attack on that building with its history .

Afterwards , he'd better watch his back !

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

if i had the money i would buy it, the history is exactly that history !!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Word on the Grapevine is that its been Bought by someone on My side of the bay ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

and where iks that?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Missent

Yeah, heard it was bought by someone in the Wellington Bridge/Bannow area. Mahatma, that would make you a Rhubarb City native, more or less.

Yeah, heard it was bought by someone in the Wellington Bridge/Bannow area. Mahatma, that would make you a Rhubarb City native, more or less.
    :eek::eek:
    MODS!!!!!! I'm being abused AND insulted

close but NOT from W/Bridge

. .M_
    E, . . }~
    . WW

;)

OH Yeah, I asked Mammy & She said that these fellas have Deffo bought the gaff, and She'd know ;)

Mammy's tend to know these sorts of things
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Keep us posted
    Best of Luck to the buyers ....................They will need it .

This place has serious history . - I wonder what plans they have for the building .............

A visitor centre ?................. It will end up a ghost estate like all the other one in Ireland ;)

It would seem that the building has been wrecked inside by nogoodniks

Acording to the buyer the facade has a preservation order but they can do what they want inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The locals in the area do not want any kind of tourism to do with the building. The same with Curracloe they dont want any tourism place regarding Saving Private Ryan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

McLoughlin wrote: »
    The locals in the area do not want any kind of tourism to do with the building. The same with Curracloe they dont want any tourism place regarding Saving Private Ryan.

cant say I ever heard that. sure it used to be a hotel up to the late 80's. and it would be a big boost to have a good business out there for all in the local area. would have heard the complete opposite in regards to it, and people there hoping it would sell and something would be done with it and be restored as a tourist spot in some shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

bruschi wrote: »
    cant say I ever heard that. sure it used to be a hotel up to the late 80's. and it would be a big boost to have a good business out there for all in the local area. would have heard the complete opposite in regards to it, and people there hoping it would sell and something would be done with it and be restored as a tourist spot in some shape or form.

They wouldnt mind it to be a hotel Im sure but its all the haunting\devil stories to do with the place there sick of people coming down asking about ghosts and ghouls and all that crap.

• Advertisement

They wouldnt mind it to be a hotel Im sure but its all the haunting\devil stories to do with the place there sick of people coming down asking about ghosts and ghouls and all that crap.

that'll never stop though, and sure if it generates publicity then what harm.

besides, this building is not the one that the "devil" was in. that building was demolished and this one was built in its place.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Surely they would welcome some sort of tourist centre so that these people would not bother local people asking about that sort of stuff?

bruschi wrote: »
    that'll never stop though, and sure if it generates publicity then what harm.

besides, this building is not the one that the "devil" was in. that building was demolished and this one was built in its place.

AFAIK thats the building, there was an earlier Hall which was 'Remodelled' extensivly

AFAIK thats the building, there was an earlier Hall which was 'Remodelled' extensivly

no, the tottenham legend and Devil occurred in the 1750's or so.

the building was demolished in 1870 or there abouts, and what stands now is what was built then. Its a completley different building.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Pretty sure it says the opposite on a plaque on the gate down there.
    They did find someone buried in the walls in that house though and it was exorcised. I seen it on a documentary Channel 4 made about the story.

Can't remember if it was an adult or child they found, its slightly mixed in my head.
    The jist of the story anyway was they think the dad had been messing with the daughter and she had a kid. They made up the devil story to keep people away.

Advertisement