Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call an irish mobile from abroad

• 26-09-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

How can someone ring an Irish mobile from abroad?

e.g. number is 087 1234567

Is it something like 353 1 87 1234567 ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Put 00 or whatever is the local international access code in front of that and you are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

No, the inserted 1 isn't right

e.g. +35386.... or 0035386.... etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

and 011 instead of the 00 if you call from north america or any of those little islands that have a country code starting with 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Use + instead of 00 as there's a lot of countries where it's not 00, but + will always get the right code.

I save all my numbers as +35386 +4479 etc, this means that you never have to go editing them before you call them if you're even just up the North and want to call somebody.

The 1 you're thinking of is for a Dublin and region 01 number, so for an 01 number, it would be +35312821234 or +353 (0)1 282 1234 with the (0) meaning you don't have to put it in if you have the +353 in front :)

andy0 is correct, I didn't spot the 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

+ for international calling is a documented part of the gsm standards and works everywhere.

The OP never said he was ringing from a mobile, just that he was ringing a mobile. From a land-line the international dialing code would be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭justforgroups

Hi all,
    Thanks very much for the replies & emails. I'm able to make international calls to mobiles (and landlines) now. FYI this is how to do it. The answers above were essentially correct.

I didn't realise that you could actually use the '+' sign in the phone number (thought that was used just as a placeholder in manuals when describing how to make international calls). However '+' automatically takes care of the international prefix (i.e. 00 Ireland, 011 US, etc.), regardless of what country you are actually dialing from. So it is best to use this rather than '00' etc.

So if adding an international number to your contacts, first enter the + sign, then add the access code of the country you are ringing (e.g 91 for India), followed by the actual number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

also if your in a roaming partner (CAMEL roaming network) you only need to dial 087xxxxxxx seemingly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement