Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's gotten their CAO forms yet??!!!!

Options
  • 26-09-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I did today from a nervous, disjointed guidance counsellor who does NOT do well in speaking to large groups! anyway just wondering who knows exactly what they want now! Cos i have at least 12 Level 8 courses I like at the moment!!

and do CAO supply you with a pin code etc. for next August when you can look it up on the day??

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

I'm not in 6th year, but a lot of my friends got theirs last Monday. It scared the crap outta them; reality hit them right in the face!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Reading the back cover of the handbook I noticed "This space is provided so that the applicant may keep a record of the courses for which she has applied and current year examination numbers."

I guess I can't apply then. :pac:

I done not heard no thing about them there applications, no siree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Got my cao book nearly 3 nearly 3 weeks ago at this stage, but havnt got he form, cause we are doing it online! :D Got a loda prospectuses to read through atm too! Count yourself lucky op, went through the crouse list the other day, theres no less than 90 courses that i have marked out, although some of them are courses i show marginal interest in, just didnt want to rule them out al the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Got mine on Wednesday, thankfully I know the story behind the whole process! Our guidance teacher may be boring but he knows his stuff! Yeah, you get a pin I think to check your courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got mine 2-3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My school is so stupid I wouldn't be surprised if we got them a day before the deadline...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I don't have mine either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭decdec456

ha i just want to fill it in and go to college now and not do the stupid leaving cert

*reluctantly goes to do John Montague essay for fantastix dyke english teacher*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

decdec456 wrote: »
    ha i just want to fill it in and go to college now and not do the stupid leaving cert

*reluctantly goes to do John Montague essay for fantastix dyke english teacher*:D
    All in good time mate all in good time, I was the same this time last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I didn't get one :( i have nothing to put on it anyway cos i don't know what to do :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I've got my handbook. The teacher still have the forms in the envelopes. I'll be filling mine out online anyway.

Feckin' CAO anyway. Wish it would g'way. As if we don't have anything else to worry about this year then what we want to bloody do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Signature

Haven't got a form yet but I've had a good look at courses and have a fair idea of what I want to do. :D

It's early yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭ak51535

we got ours two weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

ak51535 wrote: »
    we got ours two weeks ago

Misé freisin!
    Scared the life outta me! And everyone else in the class too.
    I found the higher options talk was good too, great for getting prospectus' and info about CAO points ect

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

We didn't get them yet... And I think we'll not get them until the mid october. I hate my guidance teacher :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I don't even have a guidance teacher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Mazletov

our guidance teacher gave them out during the week. there was an atmosphere of "not already" in the class. ah well we had to get them at some stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

At least no one tells you to go to PLC instead of university :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

We use the term guidance teacher loosely in our school.....even teacher is pushing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Got mine today. Bricking. It.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I havent got it
    i dont want it
    too scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Lucet wrote: »
    At least no one tells you to go to PLC instead of university :D.

What is with that? I swear they're paid by how many people they can convince to go other routes than just striaght into university! :confused:

No CAO yet for us, but my careers teacher is an absolute feather head so I could be waiting a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Hey all,

I have just filled out my CAO form online, however, there is one small thing I am worried about.

I go to an Irish school, therefore when I am applying for the Leaving Cert my name will probably be put down as Gaeilge. So to avoid any complications I put down my name in Irish on the CAO application.

:confused:What I am worried about is will my name be written in Irish instead of English by the University I might go to in the future?:confused:

Something that I wouldn't like to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well your name wont be on your exams so not to worry there! I think your name will be on your actual certificate but I don't think it'll be an issue if the exam number on your scripts and on your CAO match up. If anyone notices the different names they'll probably catch on quickly that it's just the Irish/English version.

Advertisement