Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

y" GNR "set" to release "Chinese Democracy November 25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Lookin' forward to it! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll be astounded if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ssteve

as the saying goes there will be democracy in china before this album is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Cccccooommmmmme onnnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Just release it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I hope its sh!t, just to see the backlash after all the waiting, it'll be hilarious !:pac:

• Advertisement

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I hope its sh!t, just to see the backlash after all the waiting, it'll be hilarious !:pac:

You know, I don't think it will be. The song Shackler's Revenge is actually a really decent track, if the rest of the album holds up, it'll be pretty damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I've seen this too many times, i won't believe it until I see it.
    (and then i probably still won't believe it!)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

You know, I don't think it will be. The song Shackler's Revenge is actually a really decent track, if the rest of the album holds up, it'll be pretty damn good.

Yeah it'll be great if its good alright ! But something tells me everyone is gonna be disappointed big time !

Yeah it'll be great if its good alright ! But something tells me everyone is gonna be disappointed big time !

I don't know, even if it is a let down (don't think it will be tbh) people will probably just be in denial and say it's great. You know, like they did with Metallica? Zing! :pac:

But seriously, a lot of good musicians have been involved with the project, there's definitely going to be some quality there. If it gets a release, that is, it should be decent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I also think it will be really good if it's released, but i don't think it will be a success commercially because i really don't think many people give a **** anymore.

• Advertisement

I've been impressed with the live stuff and the stuff that's been leaked so far, so if and when it does be released, count me in.

Besides, it can't be any worse than The Spaghetti Incident?, let's be honest here.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

I've been impressed with the live stuff and the stuff that's been leaked so far, so if and when it does be released, count me in.

Besides, it can't be any worse than The Spaghetti Incident?, let's be honest here.
    VR!

You've got the initials of one of my fave bands <3

But yup, I'm gona buy it for sure! Should be great... :D

But yup, I'm gona buy it for sure! Should be great... :D
    Hells yeah! But as i said, i'll believe it when i see it.
    I just hope i get to see it before i go old and grey, the latter has already happened, with the former not looking any better the longer this is left. ;)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

I wont be holding my breathe:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'll be astounded if it happens.
    ^^ this, i shall believe it when i can exchange money for a little plastic disc that can produce soundwaves when hit with a laser is in my hand.
    that's just stupid, that blacklash will happen regardless, i'd rather be hoping for a good album.

i actually haven't heard anything new from them and i plan to keep it that way until (if) this comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

It has since been taken down, but a few days ago I stumbled upon the G-N-R page on Wikipedia. It had a very credible artwork for the front cover of Chinese Democracy.

I think there is something in the making. After the release of Death Magnetic, I could care less about GNR releasing this record, however, it would be interesting to see it released

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Cant wait for it. Anyone hear "catcher in the rye" tis on youtube, its forking excellent.

Cremo wrote: »
    that blacklash will happen regardless

Quite possible. It's certainly a big enough release that it's simply going to divide opinion by sheer noteriety and drama alone. Maybe it'll be hard to please some people, no matter how good it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Can't wait until it comes out. Isn't one of GNR's new songs on the new guitar hero game, if so the album release would kinda tie in with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I shall believe that its coming out when I see it...

How long has the release of this album been going on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jenn Valo wrote: »
    I shall believe that its coming out when I see it...

How long has the release of this album been going on!!

15 years now?! more?

Haha... Prolly more...

Gonna go on for another 15 years methinks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

dr. pepper must be ****ting themselves:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it can't be any worse than The Spaghetti Incident?

I actually like that album :o

I look forward to hearing the new album if it does get released in November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Maybe it'll be hard to please some people, no matter how good it is?

That's the case with everything, but the biggest problem GNR have is that this album has been so long in the making. What's a 10-years-in-production album supposed to sound like? Every song should be crafted and honed to perfection, with no filler and every riff sounding out and being magnificent.

...but it won't be that way. In all likelihood it'll be another GNR record, with some great tracks, and some that you'll never care about.

That's the case with everything, but the biggest problem GNR have is that this album has been so long in the making. What's a 10-years-in-production album supposed to sound like? Every song should be crafted and honed to perfection, with no filler and every riff sounding out and being magnificent.

...but it won't be that way. In all likelihood it'll be another GNR record, with some great tracks, and some that you'll never care about.

I agree wholeheartedly!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Stella89 wrote: »

Ahem, I hate to burst yer bubble, but it does say "rumour"!?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭hyn-zie

Christ how many times have i read this before, w'ont hold by breath, it'll be crap in anyways, i would be more reluctant to see a reunion first !!!! :rolleyes:

hyn-zie wrote: »
    Christ how many times have i read this before, w'ont hold by breath, it'll be crap in anyways, i would be more reluctant to see a reunion first !!!! :rolleyes:

You do realise that you're saying that you'd prefer to see the new album released before a reunion, right?

Now either you're in a very small minority, or you didn't have a clue what you just typed.

Either way, the chances of both happening anytime in the near future are somewhere between slim and none. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Judging by the songs we've heard so far, its already a decent album, albeit not amazing or anything considering the long wait.

Buckethead's There Was A Time solo which is likely to close the album is one of the best solos ever. Its a great song. As is Chinese Democracy, Better, Madagascar, Catcher in The Rye and the Untitled song, probably called Prostitute.

The Blues is ok but the rest of the album isn't great. Not a fan of Shackler's Revenge, I must admit.

Axl has done an incredible job of combining all the individual parts and instruments to make complete tunez. The lyrics are cheesy at times but there are some great melodies, most notably on the untitled song. The solos of BH and Finck, so often critisized for their renditions of the classics, are truly amazing on the new stuff.

Advertisement