Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom i-Stream and Netopia Cayman 3000 admin access

Options
  • 26-09-2008 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

My apologies if this has been answered before, I did check, but found nothing relevant.
    I have a Netopia Cayman (not wireless) for years, and used to use the admin facility to check performance etc. I now want to set someone else up to use their computer while I'm away, and found that my original i-stream username and password were not accepted.
    When I phoned Eircom, they said
    a) the new computer doesn't need to know the username/password to start using the router with ethernet(great, if true)
    b) the admin password would be [EMAIL="'eircom@eircom.net'"]'eircom@eircom.net'[/EMAIL] and password 'broadband1'
    This didn't work any better than my original i-stream username.

Question:- is b) above correct, or do I need to phone them back to see what on earth posessed me (or them:eek:)to change the username:(
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

On the old caymens if you reset the router five times in quick succession it usually resets the admin username and password.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

barnicles wrote: »
    Thanks for trying,:) but these all seem to be for wireless:confused:.

I was able to get another computer connected ok, so its no longer urgent:D. It just seems a pity that I can't see the stats for the router.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

On the old caymens if you reset the router five times in quick succession it usually resets the admin username and password.

I'll try that, when I get back from my travels - no point in leaving the house-sitters with no access:eek:, but it sounds like a great suggestion.:D I'll then be able to check my old username and if that doesn't work, try the eircom one:).

Advertisement