Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin machines, where in the City Centre?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Anyone know of any coin changing machines in Dublin City Centre, I have a heap of coppers to get rid of. They took the machines from Fresh Smithfield & Fresh Grand Canal Dock recently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

All well and good but that thread is from 2005, and the second last post in it says there is one in Fresh Smithfield, as of now, there is not.
    I would like to know what shops in the city centre actually have a coin machine today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

There is one in the Tesco in Jervis street.

Or you could do what I do and lump loads of change into the self-service scan till machines in Tesco - means there is no charge. Works a dream for me

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I found one today, right around the corner from my work, Its in Centra on North King Street, just up past Bolton Street DIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

think there's one in Stoneybatter too. tbh I would just count myself. I don't know how much them machines cost, I know it's not loads but why give money away I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

All well and good but that thread is from 2005, and the second last post in it says there is one in Fresh Smithfield, as of now, there is not.

Upsy :o I knew there was a more recent one in here

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Spar in Lower Rathemines Rd. 12.5% they charge though.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Jay D wrote: »
    tbh I would just count myself
    I don't think the OP is looking for a counting machine but a machine that converts assorted coinage into notes(?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

yeah I am aware of that but my point is that when counted and bagged it's simple to bring to the bank and have them do the same thing.

Looking at the rates they charge now, there's no way on earth I'd pay that amount for it to be done, complete rip off.

Advertisement