Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shimano SPD shoes

Options
  • 26-09-2008 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hi all...

Hastily I grabbed a pair of Shimano SPD shoes (Shimano SH-T090) from the €20 basket in the Cycleways sale. I had little or no time and they seemed like a bargain, and they fit.

I had intended to upgrade my pedals to SPDs anyway at some stage. I haven't bought the pedals yet.

The soles of the shoes appeared to have a rubber cover over where I assumed the drilled holes to be. Only now that I have a minute to check them out, it seems that the rubber cover is moulded into the sole of the shoe.

I have no experience with cycling shoes. Is this normal? Am i just being too wussy with my vain attempts of removing the rubber cleat covers (dont want to damage the shoe). Are there any "self tapping screw cleats" that these shoes might require.

Pardon my ignorism.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Totally normal, use a pair of pliers to pull the cover off and you're sorted!

Advertisement