Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Sligo I can repair windscreen chip?

Options
  • 26-09-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hello.

Does Anyone know where i can fix it and maybe know the approx price?

Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

There's 7 places listed on the Golden Pages website - I suppose yr best bet is to ring around to get the best deal. (Unless someone knows somewhere cheap & not listed!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Most insurance policies cover this nowadays with no excess payable. i.e You should be able to get in done for 'free'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Culchie wrote: »
    Most insurance policies cover this nowadays with no excess payable. i.e You should be able to get in done for 'free'

Not on my policy!! I've one of those cheap ass policies that basically keep the Gardai off yr back for less than 20 squid a month! I've a chipped back window (how the f%&* that happened, I dunno!) but I used the old trick of scraping horizontally into the end of the cracks with a sharp knife, which stops the crack growing any further. It works a treat.

There ya go - that's a recession busting piece of information, if ever I heard one!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

I think that insurance dont cover that.I need to check it in Axa policy(third party fire and thief-motor firtst) if think that only full comprehensive cover damage windscreen:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

devil-80 wrote: »
    I think that insurance dont cover that.I need to check it in Axa policy(third party fire and thief-motor firtst) if think that only full comprehensive cover damage windscreen:(

Check your policy info, 'cos I have 3rd party fire and theft with AXA and it's covered on mine. (I've just been to lazy to get mine done)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I have third party fire and theft with Quinn Direct(I'm a student so had to go for the cheapest option)but even that covers me for Windscreen cover.

As fozzle said you might want to double check your policy.It was something like an extra €50 for the windscreen cover,I had the option of taking it or not.Windscreens can be expensive things to repair so having it covered on your insurance policy is definitely a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭devil-80

Ill go tomorrow to Axa and make sure about it.Thx

Yep my Policy cover windscreen damage.I get some number and i need to call to it and arrange repair.

Advertisement