Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your last thought , when you die? :(

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Oh and btw i just love people who don't have an original thought in there head so have to steal someone elses and use them without appropriate referencing.

Well that's exactly what your doing with your hilarious FAIL statements.

I have it in quotes, do you want me to add ****ing subscripts and footnotes too?
    People who know where it comes from will "appreciate" it and those who don't well I couldn't give a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Farasoi

Some of the FAIL thoughts as labelled by DanGerMus, I dont think they are wrong.

"AFK for awhile guys, not sure where I'm going or when I'll be back" in the Mods Forum is probably apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Well that's exactly what your doing with your hilarious FAIL statements.

I have it in quotes, do you want me to add ****ing subscripts and footnotes too?
    People who know where it comes from will "appreciate" it and those who don't well I couldn't give a ****.

Not really, it's an often used term used by people on the internet to express there dislike or opinion of someones seemingly poor or inaccurate or indeed unfunny post.

I would like that actually maybe then people could look up the person and gain an appreciation for who said it and where it's coming from.

That's a very negative elitist attitude. It's nice to share with others ,if only to enlighten them, your knowledge. But of course you shouldn't feel obliged to.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Not really, it's an often used term used by people on the internet to express there dislike or opinion of someones seemingly poor or inaccurate or indeed unfunny post.

I would like that actually maybe then people could look up the person and gain an appreciation for who said it and where it's coming from.

That's a very negative elitist attitude. It's nice to share with others ,if only to enlighten them, your knowledge. But of course you shouldn't feel obliged to.

When you think in your mind , isn't it words you are hearing , if only in your own mind.
    Thread is last Thoughts.

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

As do i. Well i think i do anyway.
    Obvious to everyone but DanGerMus.
    Thread is Last Thoughts,but we have to post them yes?

The posts i've highlighted would seem to be words said before a catastrophic event leading to the persons iminent departure into the afterlife or limbo whatever you believe in. This is not what was asked for. Thats all i'm saying. I didn't express any opinion as to how one actually percieves there thoughts.

As do i. Well i think i do anyway.

The posts i've highlighted would seem to be words said before a catastrophic event leading to the persons iminent departure into the afterlife or limbo whatever you believe in. This is not what was asked for. Thats all i'm saying. I didn't express any opinion as to how one actually percieves there thoughts.
    But the Thread is about thoughts , how can people get that across here without putting them into words?
    As l read the posts they were thoughts after the event , as in just before you die , or after if you are lucky enough to land in a place that is better than the one you left.

But the Thread is about thoughts , how can people get that across here without putting them into words?

Oh..k.. i'm not and i havent disagreed with this at all.
    As l read the posts they were thoughts after the event , as in just before you die , or after if you are lucky enough to land in a place that is better than the one you left.

But they don't read that way though.

For example
    "Don't worry, you have at least another minute before it explo"

That is clearly a statement from one living person to another before an event leading to what we're assuming is a fatal injury. no?

The rest are the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭ShellBell1

What do you think yours would be?

Probably something crap like, "Hmm.. I should check what's on telly tonight" if it was a case of me dropping dead suddenly without warning. Cool. I'd prefer that to the drawn-out, painful death. Like, I'm crossing the road and I don't look and then a bus comes outta nowhere at high speed - BOOM! - (hopefully) killing me instantly and splattering my remains all over the windscreen. Shur, how bad! :pac:

Last thought when it's the drawn-out sort of death? I'd say it could be something like, "Oh, I'll miss so-and-so now. I wonder what's ahead of me from this point onwards. Will there be an afterlife?" BLAHBLAHBLAH.

I'd be interested to know what people think before they kill themselves.. Though I'm sure it's probably the typical thoughts about those they're leaving behind.

• Advertisement

For example

That is clearly a statement from one living person to another before an event leading to what we're assuming is a fatal injury. no?

The rest are the same.

Unless you're lying, you say what you think!

Anyway back on topic...

Right after the anger enduced heart attack

"maybe i should have just relaxed like the doctor said.....ugh...."

:)

For example

The rest are the same.
    Yes , l know where you are coming from now.
    l think we are on the same page.:)

ShellBell1 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know what people think before they kill themselves.. Though I'm sure it's probably the typical thoughts about those they're leaving behind.

l would be interested to know why you bring up suicide.

Well, suicide IS death too, so it's relevant here. Or is suicide a bar mitzvah in your book? :pac:

Yes , l know where you are coming from now.
    l think we are on the same page.:)

Cool. I've found my Zen again now anyway and won't be failing people again for a while. :).

I found my Zen here by the way.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055386508

I think this is a good question. I'd imagine it would be either expressions of relief or regret or frighteningly maybe the realisation that there is something to live for but you've gone to far now and can't go back.

Well, suicide IS death too, so it's relevant here. Or is suicide a bar mitzvah in your book? :pac:

lt was an honest question , as you were the only one to bring it up.
    No need for Jewish links here:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i wish id spent more time in the office

CDfm wrote: »
    i wish id spent more time in the office

David Brent wannabe,:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

titta åt vänster sedan höger sedan vänster igen*

*swedish

titta åt vänster sedan höger sedan vänster igen*

*swedish
    well you shouldnt insert a cucumber there honest

Not fair:confused:

Shortly after l posted this ,l got this in a Pm.

It was an interesting event
    YOU

ARE

NOTHING

YOU

HAVE

NO

INFLUENCE

OVER

ANYTHING
    user_online.gifforward.gif reply_small.gif

collapse_tcat.gif

From ShellBell1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

For example

Incorrect. It's a thought thought to myself just prior to the split second of death. As thoughts are not possible after death, evidently one's "last thought" is the thought immediately prior to death.
    Shortly after l posted this ,l got this in a Pm.

It was an interesting event
    YOU
    ARE
    NOTHING
    YOU
    HAVE
    NO
    INFLUENCE
    OVER
    ANYTHING

Clearly false, as were this the case, this person would not have PM'd you. They have disproved their own theory! Neat.

FruitLover wrote: »
    Incorrect. It's a thought thought to myself just prior to the split second of death. As thoughts are not possible after death, evidently one's "last thought" is the thought immediately prior to death.

Clearly false, as were this the case, this person would not have PM'd you. They have disproved their own theory! Neat.
    They did , the Mod's only have to check.

FruitLover wrote: »

It's still something you said ,even if to yourself, before you knew you were going to die before the event causing death. The spirit of thread was what would you think about knowing you were about to die.

i visited a hospital on Tuesday- gorgeous nurse there.

So nice boobs

The spirit of thread was what would you think about knowing you were about to die.

That puts a very different spin on it!

Probably something along the lines of

"please when will the pain stop" :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

"Damn, and I was so close to being the official *random-****e* of the nocturnal forum..."

Advertisement