Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Ownership Forms & Tax

Options
  • 26-09-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭

Bought a second-hand car three weeks ago but am still waiting for the log book to be sent to me. Car is out of tax ... and has been since May. I have the dealership receipt in the car at all times but am still paranoid about being pulled over and being read the riot act. At this stage should I head to the motor tax office and get the tax disc in person to be on the safe side? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

You should get your change of ownership forms within the next week, if not then ring them and see what the hold up is. The dealership may have also been slow in sending off the change of ownership form

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

M'kay thanks. In the meantime if a Garda pulls me over, will I still be ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Heroditas wrote: »
    M'kay thanks. In the meantime if a Garda pulls me over, will I still be ok?

Yeah, just keep your receipt for the car with you. The worst they will do is tell you to produce your tax disc when you get it

Advertisement